Leathers

I read the topic on buying clothing and read that leathers are not as warm as textiles but how much difference is there? Is it alot? Or isit when riding motorway speeds? I am asking because I am really liking the look of RST Fusion 2 piece suit, I know there not as waterproof but I am getting a waterproof over suit anyway but if they are really cold then I won't bother.

Heff

Guest philgale

depends on what textiles you get....if you get summer mesh ones then no difference but proper winter ones then there is a world of difference...

i dont wear leathers on the road anymore, too much like hard work...

haha sorry :D I just want to make sure I get the correct gear, don't want to end up with crap gear and freezing my tits off in 6 months or something.

Do you only feel the cold when its like really cold?

if you're going to ride in all sorts of weather, then i'd go for textiles.

I'm getting a bit fed up of having to wear so many base layers underneath my summer textile mesh jacket. Plus when it rains, i have to wear a cheapy waterproof jacket over the top of my textile mesh jacket (trust me, it gets annoying having to carry two jackets!)

my next jacket for the road will probably be an all season textile jacket, they are more versitile than leather, and waterproof, and probably more breathable (and overall, cheaper, unless you go down the gore tex route).

• 2 weeks later...