Diversion problems - UPDATED

stevie16v

I picked up my fixxer upper (which is in pretty good nick) and starting to sort bits n bobs. its a 94 diversion 600s

a couple of things that im looking for help with, the choke lever on the carb bank, it works but won't stay out, i have to hold it, is there a way of fixing it?

also, the knob on the fuel tap is missing, can this be fixed?

Edited by stevie16v

I picked up my fixxer upper (which is in pretty good nick) and starting to sort bits n bobs. its a 94 diversion 600s

a couple of things that im looking for help with, the choke lever on the carb bank, it works but won't stay out, i have to hold it, is there a way of fixing it?

also, the knob on the fuel tap is missing, can this be fixed?

Fuel tap is just held on by one screw and can be picked up from hebay as for choke I had a simalar problem just before the cable snapped !

Easy job to replace the choke cable ( 5 mins) should cure the problem or get a replacemnet houseing on the handle bars if not

the chokes not on the handlebars polecat, Its a pull choke on the carb bank as opposed to a choke cable. As far as i can see its a whole new choke starter set which is pricey. I think i'll strip it and see if i can bodge it a bit.

Been hunting on ebay, but cant find the parts to replace the fuel tap. Waiting on a company getting back to me

From what I can recall, there is a 'clamp' which restricts the shaft movement and effectively holds the lever out (or in whatever position you select). Take off your tank and have a gander - may be an easy fix.

NB. Should this thread not be in 'Pitstop'?

:cheers:

Ah bu**er, yes it should, sorry folks, put it in the wrong sections, admin feel free to move it :)

I'll get it stripped off at the beginning of the week when i have some time to myself.

Managed to source the turn knob and screw for the fuel tap, £13quid plus p and p! for a bit of plastic. Think i'll just buy a second hand fuel tap and swap the lever over!