Exhaust rot

the exhaust on my bike has started rusting (again) last time i just stripped it of de-rusted it then re-sprayed it but i may of used cheap high temp paint ,from halfords, now the rust has set in again with vengence bloody grit and ice everywhere. does any1 know any good types/make of spray that wont melt or ruin and where from?

P.S i refuse to waste money just buying new ehaust pipes its a waste of money for my bike

the exhaust on my bike has started rusting (again) last time i just stripped it of de-rusted it then re-sprayed it but i may of used cheap high temp paint ,from halfords, now the rust has set in again with vengence bloody grit and ice everywhere. does any1 know any good types/make of spray that wont melt or ruin and where from?

P.S i refuse to waste money just buying new ehaust pipes its a waste of money for my bike

Water it ... literally every ride wash it down with cold water.

I do have a endless suply of water just its yellow and slighty blue depending what i was drinking over the weekend. Its not stopping it i was just wondering what others have used (paint wise not water or slightly more disgusting yellow fluid) if they had this problem

Buy paint that resists high heat, such as PJ1 high-temp paint. You can find spray cans of it on websites and at auto parts stores. You also can use flat black paint made for barbecue grills--it's available at many hardware stores. Spray on several light coats, letting them dry in between. At the end, warm up your bike for about 15 minutes. Let it cool, and warm it up again for about a half-hour. This slow warming process helps the paint cure.

After painting, use header or heat wrap on the first 6 inches or so. Even high-temperature paint will peel near the engine. Dont know if this helps i'm just a learner :bike:

ahh but what if you dont have a water supply, an hour or soon free, or a endless pile of cloths to clean the bike down with... (aimed at chris)

Takes me 1 minuet to spray the bike down, and 1 cloth to wipe the worst off....

By the time you ride it next the cloth will be dry. :|

In fact reminds me I should have given mine a rinse down the other day..

ACF50..

Does it stand up to the heat? I have a tin of that lying around but didn't think to put it on the exhaust.

I'm in much the same boat as you jakey, used the cheap Halfords high temp matt black spray as a temporary solution. I ran out about half way through the second layer and it's starting to show. Watching this thread with interest.