Working on a bike with no center stand

alexanderfoti

Hi all

I indent to some work on my Baby vara (xl125v 125) honda soon and I have no center stand. :(

Im going to be doing the front tyre, front and rear pads.

Just wondering what sort of kit I can use, something along the lines of a bike jack / lift ?

Does anybody have any first hand experience with diff types of stands?

Thanks all!

Best bet would be to invest in an Abba stand, can use it for both front and back, and on all bikes you own in the future (subject to correct adapters). Around the £100 quid mark though ...

A google search will throw up some results, as will a search on ebay. Might seem an expensive outlay, but it would pay for itself for sure.

Dunno if this is the answer you are looking for .... but hth

Best bet would be to invest in an Abba stand, can use it for both front and back, and on all bikes you own in the future (subject to correct adapters). Around the £100 quid mark though ...

A google search will throw up some results, as will a search on ebay. Might seem an expensive outlay, but it would pay for itself for sure.

Dunno if this is the answer you are looking for .... but hth

Exactly what im looking for, thanks!

I remeber seing a really innovative motorbike stand somewhere but cant remember where, may have to have a search.

Shoulda bought myself an ABBA stand a long time ago. Instead I have a hollow swngarm spindle. So I put some 1/2 inch studding all the way through it and support the bike on two axle stands.

Alex, you will also need a small jack or lever to lift the front wheel off the ground while it's on the ABBA stand. Usually lift it off the front of the frame or the exhaust :D :D :D

When working on my old thundercat front tyre, etc. I used to tie a ratchet strap around the bike handlebars and then to roof of the garage and lift the bike off the ground.

Simmantix