Braided brake hose

sparkeh9

Are they worth getting? I am under the impression that they will improve braking as they they hold the fluid better without expanding (as I assume the standard rubber hoses do) under compression.

The prices on ebay for Goodridge ones are £56.16 and Wezmoto £59.99 + £2.95 P&P

Does this seem right?

yes they are better then the rubber ones which you rightly say expand under braking,with the braiding they cant expand somake the brakes work better prices can vary greatly on the kits have a shop around but the prices you have are not to bad

Guest Hodgy

They are worth buying if your rubber hoses need replacing anyway, as when they perish they get soft and expand with use. Stainless ones should last the lifetime of the bike once fitted, plus they look much better :)

On a new bike, unless it's a high performance bike you ride to it's limits, you'll probably not tell the difference :thumb:

I've just replaced mine with Goodridge ones off ebay, they come with everything you need to fit them (i.e. new banjo bolts and washers) They've got a really good feel to them, and weren't too expensive. I've read reports and it would seem everyone that's bought them have said that they're an improvement, even on newer bikes, as those hoses (for the 1st few hundred miles) are bedding in and aren't completely solid. :)

I've not been able to test it, (due to obvious reasons :cry: ) but after giving the bike's brakes an overhaul at the same time they do feel sharper in the garage, and there is no binding anymore (although that's more than likely down to the new seals in the pistons) :D The bike is no longer horrible to push around, as it doesn't feel like a battle ship anymore. :lol:

Remember to add in the cost of new brake oil, (Dot4 I believe) and piston seals. :cheers:

Good luck with your choice.

Bullet5.

I fitted them to my cbr600 when the rubber hoses needed replacing, only on the front tho the rear brake really doesnt need them, I knew someone who had them on the rear it locked up everytime he used it!

But I will agree with hodgy I couldnt tell any difference other than cosmetic.

I have had both. Personally, with experience of the two, I wouldn't replace decent existing hoses. If they need replacing I would go for braided. But I don't feel the benefit warrants changing good hoses.

Just from experience like, but you do what you gotta do!