Theory test

Theory test is booked, anyone got any advise on it?

Saw on the news about all the bikes that rode the tribute for the soldier that died, urged me to get it done sooner, would love to be able to do it some day myself

On the hazard perception it is obvious you can not continuously click the mouse.

But my advice is to click twice when you see the hazard. I did.

The points scored reduce from 5 to 0 as you reach each hazard.

Some times you may click too early and score nothing, the second click may get you 5 or 4 points.

Also if the vid starts and the road is wet, thats an immediate hazard

Hope all this makes sense

Good Luck

Thanks, feeling a bit better about the hazard thing, been doing them on my iPod and computer, getting between 4-5 each clip, so I'm happy with that.

But one thing I notice is that I always see more hazards than the test says, is this normal, cause I click around 4 times each clip, an that's one click per hazard.

Although the theory is the one I'm a bit nervous about, I do the motorbike one on direct.gov, hoping the one I get is like that (I booked with them), an I pass each time easy, but I tried a car one and I failed, are there many questions that would go in both the car and motorbike theory?

Most (but not all) of the questions apply to both car and bike. The CD I recommended has the full bank of theory test questions for both.

With the hazard perception, it's important to understand what the examiners mean by a "developing hazard", as it's this which they're looking for you to pick up. There really is only one in each clip (apart from the one clip which has two), and it's very obvious in the real DSA clips.

So, for example, someone pushing a pram along the pavement doesn't warrant a click even though you might (quite rightly) perceive them as a potential hazard. Potential hazards don't count! But if they stop and turn towards the road as if to cross it, that's your cue to click, and it would be a good idea to click again when they actually move into the road, just to be sure.

Some useful advice in here, thanks guys. Sounds pretty similar to the car one really and i had no problems with that.

I saw the Help For Heros ride over in Scarborough on my way to York last weekend, was quite a sight and reminded me of how i need to get my tests and everything done as soon as possible ready for my 21st.