GSXR 600 or ZX6-R?

toon83

<t>GSXR 600 or ZX6-R?</t>  

47 members have voted

1. 1. GSXR 600 or ZX6-R?

• GSXR 600
    • ZX6-R

first of all what year are you talking ?? what are you after out of a bike?

Get the gsxr if you want comfort, they are like a bloody arm chair! Always seem down on power

they may look down on power on paper because everyone looks at BHP the gsxr has a little more torque which is what you use when road riding also i doubt anyone on this forum will use all the power on their bike to full potential on the road so power v power on a sports 600 is irrelevent

atm unless i raise some more cash 08/09

i like both bikes but we're all in the same boat when deciding on which sports bike to own, all the options are available to us when we start to look around, but as fozzie said they are all basicaly very similar, it all comes down to which one you prefer the look of rather than comfort because as we know sports bikes are built for performance and not comfort....i thought the gixxer from k6 onwards looked much nicer than the other options which is why i got a k7 600.....you r gonnna buy the one that you would rather look at than ride anyway so just choose your favourite and go and buy that

nice post fozzie sums it up great i need to put a like button on :thumb:

not often people agree with you eh :lol: :lol: :lol:

Definately not, if everyone agreed with me then it would just be boring :lol:

Didnt you only just start riding a Yamaha YZF-R125? :lol:

I had about 12 bikes before my CBR600RR Hannspree and it was still too much for me to handle when I cranked open the throttle for the first time!

But out of the 2 a GSXR from the 2003-2006 era

3 weeks ago but i have the cash so im gonna buy a big bike for when i pass my test :booty:

I spose theres no real reason why you shouldnt. Just doing your test and jumping on one could be seen as a bad move, seeing as you are very likely in your first 2 years to have an accident or drop and a super sports doesnt take drops well :lol:

Also how old are you as if you can only get a restricted license then you would be better off on something else. As insurance for me on one of those is still over £1000 and im virtually 21.

Yup :lol:... well Ive never really had the rear slip and some could say I'm heavy handed, but headshakes galore just waiting for a proper slapper :shock:.

Also the fact that the bike will stand straight up everytime you touch the front brake, front gets very very light in second gear and its just stupidly quick.

Gotta love sports bikes!

Also the fact that the bike will stand straight up everytime you touch the front brake,

when you apply the front brake it loads the front making it heavier and harder to turn which requiers more pressure

its you that sits the bike up when you apply the brake as you let the pressure off the bars you need to apply more pressure not that you should be braking on the front when cranked over really but it can be done safely if practiced :)

:stupid:

I only feather the front brake in corners, if I can i use the rear brake to shed speed unless its wet in which case I'm not going fast at all!

I didnt like the changing of tyres though, it had to be done quite a lot as well as brake pads. I used my RR to go to work and back, I had ridden it through 2 feet of snow and it never dropped. Skidded plenty of times and was bloody scary when snow was coming down by the tonne but I did not stop for a day during the last winter until the roads were literally crammed too much for me to get the bike moving :lol:

Got me a bit of respect from a few older bikers :thumb:

Both bikes will be mad for a first 600, have fun trying not to crash 8-) :lol:.

Agreed, tank slappers, highsides and back end slides galore for the heavy handed

I read shit like this and think you really ought to learn to ride!

And then you wonder why insurance costs alot for the young :roll:

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z28/Colin_the_bear/0045.gif

Braking after you lean means you went in too hot or scared yourself. Back brake ,only if you must ,in a corner.

Sequence of events should be brake on, brake off and tip in, roll back on the throttle. Use the clutch to take up the backlash in the drive if you have a snatcher. More throttle to run wider, less throttle to tighten up. Never less than a feathered throttle.

Cruising, just roll off the throttle tip in and roll back on.

Agreed, tank slappers, highsides and back end slides galore for the heavy handed

I think you missed the point I was trying to make it was aimed at the "heavy handed" which was implying all people regardless of age have it when on a 600 for the first time. It was aimed at other people, not myself and own personal experiences.

I've never had a high side, and the only back end slips are I had were through winter, On icy roads with a bike packing 117BHP. I rode the thing through blizzard and snow without incident so if you could tell me what I ought to learn in regards to riding there I'm all ears :lol:

The only tank slapper I had was when an old coot in a ford fiesta hit me from behind on a roundabout.

The only crash ive had was when another old coot smashed into me head on when he swerved and "didnt see me".

I do wonder why my insurance premiums are so high... When so far all my crashes that involves insurance was at complete and utter fault of the older driver!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil:

As for braking in a bend. I only do it in an emergency... So I go round a bend and theres a sheep in the road like there is on the cat and fiddle. I braked hard through the bend and stopped and managed to take the corner. Or as commonly happens in london, someone walks out or a car moves across and i have to adjust speed and direction through the bend. :thumb:

Deary me put your reading glasses on :roll: :lol:

Edited by Fozzie

No I didnt miss it, you didnt actually put anything about peoples first time on a 600 and even that statement is your opinion, so stop back tracking its the same shit thats always bandied about!

So maybe you should read your own posts eh!

Thank god for this, i was beginning to get worried that these bikes were more mental than i could ever have imagined! (i seem to do a good job of occassionally scaring myself with a rear tyre slide etc as it is. On a bike of not much more than half the power :shock: )

The idea of it "going light" in 2nd gear didn't sound too appealing either - as that's right where i love to jam on the throttle to wake myself up...

I know I didnt say it, I said it implied it :wink:

I dont want to be associated with that group of people, which was my only complaint to your post there!

And I know it was my opinion, I werent saying its fact :lol: , but it also is a opinion loads of people have. First timers on a 600 do have the most fun and games when it comes to that stuff. Especially young blokes!

Now in my Manchester tone of voice "alright mate! calm down calm down!!!"

I do wonder why my insurance premiums are so high... When so far all my crashes that involves insurance was at complete and utter fault of the older driver!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil:

Read Motorcycle Roadcraft and you will know why your premioms are high.

From memory - "Collisions occur when the system of motorcycle control breaks down"

The inference is, that there is ALWAYS something that the bike rider could have done to have avoided a collision. If you didn't avoid it, you failed. Simple really :lol:

The inference is, that there is ALWAYS something that the bike rider could have done to have avoided a collision. If you didn't avoid it, you failed. Simple really :lol:

That sounds very harsh... how would I know when 10 yards away from a car it would swerve at me? The police report from the CCTV attained in my crash said it was a unavoidable incident for me so surely that logic there is flawed right away?

For instance, I ride along normally and someone speeds up behind me and hits me. I would expect looking in my mirrors he will slow or overtake me and I cant speed up or I break the law. How do I avoid things like that? :? Im lost... Or have you written than to read that there are things to stop us colliding with say a brick wall as that holds true but even then the only solution to some incidents is just to stay at home!

I have read the stats and things, the two age groups that have the highest collision rate are young people below 25 and hold people above a certain age. Basically you are over confident and ask for trouble in youth and in old age you can't keep up with whats going on! Thankfully my premiums are low for my age as ive built up 5 years of good honest riding with MCE.

But! :offtopic:

So lets get back on topic please! Enough silly opinionated banter for one day me thinks... Take it to pm if it bothers you that much :wink:

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z28/Colin_the_bear/0045.gif

Braking after you lean means you went in too hot or scared yourself. Back brake ,only if you must ,in a corner.

Sequence of events should be brake on, brake off and tip in, roll back on the throttle. Use the clutch to take up the backlash in the drive if you have a snatcher. More throttle to run wider, less throttle to tighten up. Never less than a feathered throttle.

Cruising, just roll off the throttle tip in and roll back on.

nice post! i agree.

So lets get back on topic please! Enough silly opinionated banter for one day me thinks...

Oh OK, night then Fozzie, hope you sleep well :lol: