Piece of leather holding little finger to the other on glove

Guest MHarrison94

rightyho no idea what this is and why its there...if anyone could shed some light? its annoying and i wanna snip it but not if it'll cause me trouble lol

pic here: http://i.imgur.com/ZGsxw.jpg

[mods sorry if i go against some rules, but if i did please keep the link there this things peeing me off lol]

EDIT: Yes i know my keyboard is old as! :P

Edited by Anonymous

rightyho no idea what this is and why its there...if anyone could shed some light? its annoying and i wanna snip it but not if it'll cause me trouble lol

ULNAR NERVE NEUROPATHY (little finger and ring finger)

http://www.cptips.com/handsyn.htm

How do they help with that? :S that seems like its just to do with vibrations etc.

ULNAR NERVE NEUROPATHY (little finger and ring finger)

http://www.cptips.com/handsyn.htm

How do they help with that? :S that seems like its just to do with vibrations etc.

Apparently it helps you maintain good "hand posture" allowing padding to be effective at minimising the strain on the little finger by coupling it with the ring finger.

It also minimises finger damage on impact, as it says here for example... http://www.arc-on.co.uk/all-products/gloves/corse-gloves.html

I've been told its about the little finger being the most vunerable to breaks in minor accidents. Because of its apparent uselessness, the little finger has no strong tendons and muscles, which means, a slight tug can break it quite easily. So support to another digit, will mean it is less likely to break.

I've been told its about the little finger being the most vunerable to breaks in minor accidents. Because of its apparent uselessness, the little finger has no strong tendons and muscles, which means, a slight tug can break it quite easily. So support to another digit, will mean it is less likely to break.

:stupid: That's exactly what I was told at the dealers, and in fairness I agree. If you go down the chances are your little finger will get caught 1'st and take a big blow, you want to give it all the support you can and it would also help if you got caught filtering a little too close to cars.

It was rather irritating at 1st but I've kept it on and am now used to it. It's one of those little safety features that will help in the long run. The possibility of one less badly damaged finger is enough for it to earn it's place. :cheers:

When I was in my teens I fell off my bike & my little finger got caught between the bars & brake lever and was dislocated - sticking out sideways!! :puke: I had to click it back into place :shock:

It has never been right since - finger set bent & get quite a bit of pain in cold/damp weather. So if your glove prevents this sort of thing happening then keep it!

I've got that little bit of leather on my gp pro's. And it really does annoy me as I've got dodgy hands, but as people have said it's there for a reason, thats why i've left my as it is. Plus I didn't want to chop away at a £150 pair of gloves

Never said I would snip it just I was thinking about it :lol:

Had no idea of its purpose and after it got caught on the clutch lever I wondered whether to get rid of it or not but I shan't now lol

i have the same kind of thing. only problem being, if i get pins and needles i can't really wiggle my fingers to get the blood flowing again.

thought of cutting it a few times but i figure if i do, i'll wish i hadn't

It is to give your finger more support in a crash, most of the high end alpinestar gloves have the same thing. prob 90% of gloves on the market dont have them so just do what you want with them there your gloves :)