how long does your theory test last

I *think* the examiner told me that when you've passed Mod 1, you have until the expiry of your Theory test to take Mod 2. But better check the DSA site!

so how long does your theory test last until you have to have passed module 1 + 2 to get your full licence also how long does module 1 last before you have to pass module 2

thank you

The clock ticks on the theory, and you have 2 years to complete Mod 1 AND Mod 2. If the 2 years lapse, you have to start all over again, even if your Mod 1 was only last week

if im understanding this right then

basically you have two years to pass both once you have past your theory test ?

any books you would reccomend in particular for the theory ?

Highway Code, and do the DSA practice tests lots, as they use the same questions that you will encounter in the test proper. There's only 1,000 questions, and they are ALL based on the Highway Code.

Riding The DSA Way is another good book if you feel you want more. It steers you towards riding in exactly the way you will need to ride to pass the test.

Steer clear of Roadcraft and other similar books till after you pass, as some of the techniques described will not necessarily delight a DSA examiner. Once you have passed though, I can't receommend Roadcraft highly enough. It's a good read and following the advice may well save your life.

if your cbt runs out before you pass mod 2 does it mean you have to do theory / mod 1 and cbt before you can do mod 2 .as i see it with out your cbt you cant ride a bike on the road so ultimately if your cbt runs out do you have to go back to square one and start again ?

if your cbt runs out before you pass mod 2 does it mean you have to do theory / mod 1 and cbt before you can do mod 2 .as i see it with out your cbt you cant ride a bike on the road so ultimately if your cbt runs out do you have to go back to square one and start again ?

Not back to the start, but you do have to have a valid CBT to take any of the 2 tests

For all types of tests

You must bring:

•your theory test pass certificate (or confirmation) if you are not exempt

•both parts of your photo card licence

For motorcycle tests

You must also bring your:

•compulsory basic training certificate (CBT) to both modules

•motorcycle module one test pass certificate to your module two test