Mod 1 u-turn space anyone??

what kind of bike did you try this in? a sports bike might be a bit difficult but an upright bike is no probs as the distance between the two yellow lines is 7.5 meters I believe

not sure, but I have been doing it in just under 6.3 meters ;) (I kind of had no choice as the space between the garages is that big and if i want to go wider, i kind of hit a wall)

I have a YBR, and i hear sports bikes have a hell of a lot of a bigger turning circle.

Not particularly helpful I no, but it's f**king massive. Far wider than any road you'd be asked to do it on should they revert back the old test. As already said don't look at the kerb/cone/white line and youll have no problems.

Hi, anyone know the distance between the two yellow lines in the mod 1? I tried today night on a normal road and it just isn't physically possible, is it 3 car bays space, or less??

http://

http://www.xsmotorcycleschool.co.uk/Ima ... iagram.pdf

Has anyone ever told you how valuable professional training can be? It'd help to overcome the "physically impossible" feelings :lol:

Hi, anyone know the distance between the two yellow lines in the mod 1? I tried today night on a normal road and it just isn't physically possible, is it 3 car bays space, or less??

http://

http://www.xsmotorcycleschool.co.uk/Ima ... iagram.pdf

Has anyone ever told you how valuable professional training can be? It'd help to overcome the "physically impossible" feelings :lol:

thankyou bogoff,

i now know what colour cones the D.S.A have a penchant for?

but as for deciphering the diagram re widths for exercises, hm? :crybaby:

thankyou bogoff,

i now know what colour cones the D.S.A have a penchant for?

but as for deciphering the diagram re widths for exercises, hm? :crybaby:

Take a look at that site, the rest is all on there

• 3 weeks later...
Might seem like a silly question but when you do the u turn in the mod 1, should you use your indicator?

No.

In fact, whenever you do a u turn you shouldn't be using an indicator, as you shouldn't carry out the manouevre if there are other vehicles around, particularly any that would benefit from your signal (which is the only time you should use one)

Thanks for that bogoff.

Does that mean that if you execute say a right turn off a main road, there is no traffic whatsoever in sight, you don't need to indicate?

Generally you should only need to signal if it would benefit another road user. So on a completely empty road, no signal necessary.

On a test you won't get marked down either way to be honest, but it's probably best to err on the side of caution and use a signal... after all, the examiner IS another road user :wink:

Yes, very definitely.

You'll need to indicate to get into the filter lane and it will be of use to people coming the other way and out of the road you're turning in to.

As Bogof said, for your test you should always indicate, the examiner is another road user and tells you to treat him as such.

Thanks bogoff. That's settled an argument between me and my dad, in my favour!

How about in a designated turning lane, other traffic around, do you need to indicate?

Yes, since other traffic may not see the filter arrow... particularly if you or another vehicle is waiting on top of it

Thanks bogoff. That's settled an argument between me and my dad, in my favour!

How about in a designated turning lane, other traffic around, do you need to indicate?

I was told I dont need to. However seems like my instructor was wrong.