What to wear when taking my test?

I have read the official what to wear for the test but i don't think i can afford to go spending £100 plus on new kit after forking out for the tests.

Will i be ok wearing Jeans and my work boots? anyone else been in similar situation? What did you wear? What else will they allow me to wear on top?

Thanks

What are you planning on wearing after you pass?.

Basically now as far as im aware if the examiner thinks your clothing is not suitable he will not allow the test to take place hence your money will have been wasted.

Normal jeans dont count towards protective clothing.

Is there none you can borrow ?

You might be better trying to buy some sort of protective gear, Lidl do some cheap gear ie pants and jackets, its better to spent £100 on some gear than lose what youve paid for tests

the lidl stuff's a weekly special though. should be able to get something cheap enough though.

not sure on the examiners guidlines, but as long as you've put some thought into it, i.e thick jeans and good strong boots (watch your laces) as opposed to shellsuit and trainers, can't see the problem really.

know the school i went to had loan jackets, as well as the usaual gloves and helmets. so that should help if you can use theirs

I've just passed my mod 2 and planned on waiting to buy boots and gear till after i passed (you know, just incase!) , but my instructor says the examiner really looks down on you not to have stuff, so i just bought some cheap second hand kevlars and got basically the best gear i could afford. They are really coming down on people for not having the right stuff and so just make an effort and it'll be fine! if he looks at you funny, maybe just say...'i didnt wear my protective trousers today coz i thought i might fall off and didnt wana ruin them'! :lol:

good luck with the test :wink:

What are you planning on wearing after you pass?.

Basically now as far as im aware if the examiner thinks your clothing is not suitable he will not allow the test to take place hence your money will have been wasted.

Is there none you can borrow ?

You might be better trying to buy some sort of protective gear, Lidl do some cheap gear ie pants and jackets, its better to spent £100 on some gear than lose what youve paid for tests

More than likely wont have a bike straight away due to work commitments so will have time and money to get the right kit for when i am on the road.

Unfortunately everyone who i know with bikes all wear kit that would be too big.

Cheers for the replies everyone, I'm sure i will be able to get some gear off ebay.

you could always wear a suit and tie, polish your shoes, have a shave and hair cut. you want to make a good impression after all.. :booty:

Is that allowed? rules for tests must be different in Norfolk :lol:

As far as the DSA are concerned, they do, as they are "trousers"...

Importance of protective clothing

Safety helmets

By law you must wear a safety helmet when riding a motorcycle on the road

Wearing the right gear is just as important as servicing your motorcycle and knowing how to ride it.

By law you must wear a safety helmet when riding a motorcycle on the road.

To protect yourself from injury and stay comfortable, invest in good quality clothing. This should include:

•visors or goggles

•a jacket

•trousers

•gloves and gauntlets

•boots

•visibility aids

It is a good idea to get clothing with armour at points which are most vulnerable in a crash like:

•shoulders

•elbows

•back

•knees

•ankles

As far as the DSA are concerned, they do, as they are "trousers"...

Importance of protective clothing

Safety helmets

By law you must wear a safety helmet when riding a motorcycle on the road

Wearing the right gear is just as important as servicing your motorcycle and knowing how to ride it.

By law you must wear a safety helmet when riding a motorcycle on the road.

To protect yourself from injury and stay comfortable, invest in good quality clothing. This should include:

•visors or goggles

•a jacket

•trousers

•gloves and gauntlets

•boots

•visibility aids

It is a good idea to get clothing with armour at points which are most vulnerable in a crash like:

•shoulders

•elbows

•back

•knees

•ankles

Thanks

Productive weekend! Theory passed and managed to get some good condition textiles off ebay :)

got my eye on a few pairs of boots and a couple of jackets will post pics when i know they are mince :)

Hein Gericke are worth keeping an eye out, if theres one near you?

I did my last, and first DAS wearing jeans,cat boots and the jacket, helmet and clothes they provided. BUT i know the whole bike test thing as changed alot since then.

I did my last, and first DAS wearing jeans,cat boots and the jacket, helmet and clothes they provided. BUT i know the whole bike test thing as changed alot since then.

The protective gear requirements haven't changed, but they now list them openly on the website whereas it used to be hidden away in the examiner's manual.