over heating

sam64

hi guys hope someone can help my bike fazer 600cc seems to get very hot not shore if this is normal or not had her running today for about 15 mins fan came on and she was very hot . water levels are o.k.

Depends on where you are riding. My bike gets pretty hot when in traffic or going through 30mph zones. The thing to watch is whether the temp goes down or stabilizes when the fan kicks in. Could also be an air lock in the cooling system. Also do you have the correct ratio of AntiFreeze in the system? This also helps with cooling.

going to need a bit more info then that

was you riding at speed? stuck in traffic etc etc

what was the temp display saying was it going down when fan cut in ?

whats it like normal riding does it get hot quickly and not cool down on the move

Stu is absolutely right....it will get hot if you are not moving.

A good sign is that the fan IS coming on... :wink:

Does your bike have a high temp warning light then if it doesn't have a temp guage?

Not had a water cooled bike yet but my cars would over heat in this weather and the fan come on if sat still. They still rely on cool air being blown on them.

The engines will overheat if sat at top speed for too long too. 115mph in my 1.4 golf on the autobahns overheated it, had to pull over to let it cool.

Not had a water cooled bike yet but my cars would over heat in this weather and the fan come on if sat still. They still rely on cool air being blown on them.

The engines will overheat if sat at top speed for too long too. 115mph in my 1.4 golf on the autobahns overheated it, had to pull over to let it cool.

if its overheating then the something wrong, bikes and car can go on for hours without overheating.

but if would get hot if you not moving