More Ford Focus car trouble

NearOn

Well some of you may have seen in my previous thread my brother accidentally put some petrol in my diesel the other week. All seemed fine, and it might be unrelated, but car over last few days has had a problem. Basically it only seems to occur when getting the car up to 60mph. In 4th at around 40-50mph, it sounds like it needs to go up a gear, fair enough. Put it into 5th and the noise gets louder and sounds like wants to go up again, to a non existent 6th gear. Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

Yeah they are rising a lot more than usually would do at those speeds by sounds of it. Will have a look at rev counter today when out. Am guessing if is slipping clutch, then new clutch is required? Yipi more expense!

Bit of an update, touch wood dont think is the clutch. I stuck it in 4th and 5th, and the car pulls as did before and revs are normal. I thought the noise was coming from the front, but father in law came out to have a listen and sat in the back. He's 99% sure is coming from rear right wheel and thinks wheel bearing needs replacing. Now he has pointed that out, the noise does seem to come from that area of the car and the noise gets louder the faster you go.

Bit of a difference between clutch slip and wheel bearing issues. Is the exhaust blowing?Are the tyres blown up? Has someone stolen your wheels? 8-)

I never suggested clutch slip :D just described the noise, being a loud diesel as it is, it was quite difficult to workout where it was coming from and sounded as if revs were rising, but now it has been pointed out, can clearly hear it coming from rear wheel and now having read other people describe the noise and when it happens on another Forum, Im pretty sure is wheel bearing problem.