London Riots.. Now England wide..

Gin

Nothing wrong with capitalism. Just need a free market is all. What we currently have is a rigged market.

Unhappy people will riot. Treat them like animals and they will behave like animals.

You can't make slaves of people and then act all surprised when they push back.

These people aren't slaves; they've been molly-coddled from birth with benefits galore. They believe in nothing and have respect for even less.

I'm a pretty easy going guy as a rule but I'd love to see the police being allowed to steam into them with CS gas, tazers and nightsticks.

This isn't a protest, it is the petulant childish behaviour victimising innocent members of society.

Nothing wrong with capitalism. Just need a free market is all. What we currently have is a rigged market.

Unhappy people will riot. Treat them like animals and they will behave like animals.

You can't make slaves of people and then act all surprised when they push back.

These people aren't slaves; they've been molly-coddled from birth with benefits galore. They believe in nothing and have respect for even less.

I'm a pretty easy going guy as a rule but I'd love to see the police being allowed to steam into them with CS gas, tazers and nightsticks.

This isn't a protest, it is the petulant childish behaviour victimising innocent members of society.

You're suffering from Stockholm syndrome like most people.

This is happening, for the most part, because people are angry. Unfortunately they're not sure what exactly it is that they are angry about. If they did I'd be stood in trafaglar square, beside the Guillotine, popcorn in hand.

If people looked beyond their own noses they'd make much more sense of the senseless.

Im angry about the financial issues that most countries are going through which is having a direct impact on my own financial situation and I didnt make any gain unlike a lot of bankers etc.....however Im not in London setting fire to peoples businesses and property and throwing stones at the police.

These "people" are nobs who are causing mindles violence for the buzz of it, they arent doing this to achieve anything or send a message out.

These people doing all of this have no respect for the society they live in, or for the people they share it with. Surely its time we treat them the same. Would it not be a better idea to have our Military patrolling the streets in situations like these alongside the Police, rather than abroad in affairs that we should not even be involved in anyway. And adopting a zero tolerance approach, to protect the people that be affected by this mindless behaviour. I just think a larger presence of our combined Forces would make these idiots think twice. I'm not saying shoot them or anything by the way, just be going down to their level then. But use reasonable force to stop them setting fire to everything etc. Just my thoughts anyway. Am sure people will be of different opinion, but is just about time this country stood up to these moronic individuals.

Stay safe Riff! Just mindless violence! no need for it,

no excuse for it!

Sounds like they're kicking off in Handsworth tonight!

I can see/hear the police helicopter flying about

and a lot of sirens! :shock:

These people love the thrill, its nothing more to them and they smell blood and like it!

They want to get a piece of this action as its the only thing that empowers them in society...

They are not thinking into it, they are not sensible, they are plain idiots and praise the day police can use as much brutality as they like against these people. They gave up their human rights when they stamped all over others...

Local shopping centre shut down.. Police everywhere..

I agree that the army should be allowed to help but then there would be an upcry of "Oh Theres too much force etc etc"

Same as with the calls of Police Brutality after the student riots.. Less mention of the rioters who were throwing bricks and worse..

News reports here is running continuously. It's horrific to watch.

Can't imagine the fear and the frustration you folks stuck in it are going through atm.

My thoughts are with you all.

Stay safe people.

Edited by Anonymous

Our flat in Hackney is near completion but I've heard nothing of it. Bloody hope it hasn't been touched. Mum's off down to work in London tomorrow. And my step-dad works in the head office of Debenhams, which may or may not be accessible tomorrow. :shock:

Our flat in Hackney is near completion but I've heard nothing of it. Bloody hope it hasn't been touched. Mum's off down to work in London tomorrow. And my step-dad works in the head office of Debenhams, which may or may not be accessible tomorrow. :shock:
Not trying to defend the violence, but it's EXACTLY what this country needs.

so with these two quotes of yours, and your new flat gets torched, we WONT be hearing an 'oh woe is me' post about it?

this is not what the country needs, i have said before and will say again, its got nothing to do with anything but mindless yobs wanting to cause havok which, in later years when their kids and grandkids (which tbh prob not that many years appart) are learning about things like this they can brag that they were there and they did this n that during it.

heart goes out to all the innocent people caught out in it all :(

You're suffering from Stockholm syndrome like most people.

Sweetcheeks,

Stockholm Syndrome is when the captive relates to the captor.

I do not relate to the cretins looting Primark and torching flats where people live.

I'll not say any more because it would be deeply abusive.

The only good thing from this maybe that the police will be allowed to be more brutal in future to prevent this from happening... Old school policing where the best way is just to beat them up and fight them in the street rather than stand in a line and take a beating.

Personally, I do not understand it. It smacks of sheep following and utter disregard for society and others.

I am surprised the government hasn't already allowed the army etc onto the streets.

I think in light of the 3rd day of these scum running riot, it needs something like that.

They certainly don't pussyfoot around in NI. Why not here?

The do gooders can go whistle. Get some order back on the streets.

The shooting incident was a straw to break the donkeys back imo. The riots have been brewing for years like a sleeping volcano. I, in no way what so ever, condone such mindless acts of violence vandalism and disrespect for the law, but the way the country is run, the age of kids having kids, the total lack of respect for any decent living values all adds up to a crock of shit waiting to explode.

Bring in the army like some have said and put an end to this before it does spread country wide.

Not trying to defend the violence, but it's EXACTLY what this country needs.

Grow up. You've made it obvoiusly clear that you have got no real understanding of what is going on.

It's shocking the number of mindless scum that inhabit this country - born out by the ease at which this violence has escalated, just for the sake of it. Zero tolerance is needed as in other countries, but sadly our government is so weak-kneed and convoluted laws so heavily stacked against victims that the only winners will probably be the scum that sue for their human rights (and their lawyers). I love this country but hate the society we live in :x