Trip to France

Paul

Hi all. This idea has been moooted about and a few people have said they would be interested. Trip to France for a long weekend next year 2012. Date to be arranged. but looking around June or July.

I have been to a brilliant bike friendly Chateau in northern France three times now. Last year I took 8 bikes and ten bikers there. The hosts are british with Paul being an ex biker himself. They have a huge barn to store all the bikes in. Once the bikes are put away they use a really old tractor to take all the camping gear down to the field where you camp. It would take 3 mins to walk from the barn but with a load of camping gear the tractor is quite handy!

The food is tremendous, Zoe, Paul's other half is a great cook and will cook for us if required. You can order croissants or fresh bread which will be delivered direct from the local bakery and left outside your tent first thing in the morning. At the other end of the barn there is a covered area with a huge table for eating at whenever you want. Spent many a long night in there drinking till the early hours! Modern showers and toilets and a big huge fridge is provided for the campers to keep things cool in.

There is a hot tub and a lovely natural swimming pool there too. Nothing around for miles, it is on a nature reserve and is so idylic it's untrue, it's the best place to unwind after a good day on the bike. It is a truely unique place to visit.

If you don't fancy camping there is a room in the Chateau (b&b) some Roulottes or two cottages that can accommodate up to eight people each.

Ferry from Newhaven to Dieppe then about a 3 hr ride over the other side, stopping in the beautiful Hornfluer for lunch halfway. Ferry is £59 a bike return. Leaves at 8:30am. Ferry coming back leaves in the afternoon.

Easy access to all the northern coast, all the war stuff etc and the Bayeux Tapestry is not too far either. There is loads to see and do in the area. Le Mans is good ride away, about 2:30mins.

Overall a brilliant place to stay, plenty to do and excellent biking roads.

Put your names down here if you are interested, any questions etc, also put your preferred weekend down that you could make it, we can then go with the majority.

Some pics to whet your appetite!

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e200/pprune/3778489166_583566401b_o.jpg

The natural pond and the hot tub.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e200/pprune/3778481774_e758349932_o-1.jpg

The tractor going to fetch someones gear

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e200/pprune/3777694921_455ae71f61_o-1.jpg

Sat here one afternoon eating and drinking watching my kids in the pond. Was with best mate, one of the best holidays i have had for years.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e200/pprune/3777691457_26a92484a2_o.jpg

So quiet and peaceful nothing around for miles

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e200/pprune/3777682683_beaa89f28b_o.jpg

Sat outside the chateau one afternoon drinking beer, wine and eating amazing french cheese and french bread. Brilliant way to chill out.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e200/pprune/3777714029_c88a10fb87_o.jpg

My car outside the place!! :D

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e200/pprune/3777684661_8ddc02abdf_o-1.jpg

Ooooo looks fab... wonder if my arse can do that many miles on the blade.... doubt it :(

Hi Vicki,

Wifey did 1,500 miles in 5 days on the T.Max to Germany and back,

The Blades seat will be like a sofa for a trip to France!. :lol:

last night you were talking about a 2 week trip.... a long weekend i could manage. i need to check the calender though cos i got a 2 week holiday in majorca in june..... it looks idylic mate and im sure i could put my feet up there for a night or 3 :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

also i might wanna stop at yours cos my arse will be numb by the time i get that far south on the gixer.... and by that i dont mean after a night out in brighton :up:

Haha!! Hello sailor!!

Two weeks would be waaaaaay too long away, someone else must have mentioned that.

I can get three, maybe 4 people in the flat and about 8 in the house.

Alan, no idea if they have spare tents.

Quite keen to do this, depends on which weekend, what Tango's up to, juggling the kids etc.. but never taken a bike abroad before and but have wanted to do it for a long time.

Too many variable to give dates at the moment but, if we can, Tango and myself are up for it

June weekends probably best to avoid running into school holiday times at the end of July - other than that, it's fairly open ended.

My daughter, who will be 18 then, will probably be off with her friends sometime in June/July after A2 levels and I may be reliant on her to look after my 14yr-old son who I suspect (hope) wouldn't want to come. No room on the pillion anyway with tent etc.

This sounds mega and i see no reason i couldn't make it :D im free for any weekend and am getting excited already :P Chris

ah anouther zxr400 onwer :D will you be going on it you think? ill be going on mine :D going to have serious buttache i think!

This sounds mega and i see no reason i couldn't make it :D im free for any weekend and am getting excited already :P Chris

ah anouther zxr400 onwer :D will you be going on it you think? ill be going on mine :D going to have serious buttache i think!

im sure someone will give it a little massage for you nat... and it wont be me.....boothy maybe cos he likes bums...hairy ones preferably :mrgreen:

well id want a week at least , so quite happy to go on from there if anyone else fancies staying longer :) ... so depending on dates and cost i'm in :cheers:

Im up for a week, was planning on staying on afterwards anyway, might even swing over to the Nurburgring afterwards

I'm in depending on dates. I start a new job in November so if we know by then I can tell them I have prebooked holiday. How are these new rules going to affect us? I've made quite a few modifications to my bike :?

I'm interested Paul think I'm same rest day pattern as you, will all depend on if I have my kids that weekend or not! I'm long weekend 2nd June, 23rd June, 14th July, 4th august hope this helps?

• 3 weeks later...