The ZXR project thread :D

Helps pistons slide over seals, especially when new. Used to have sticking pistons and overheating, warped discs until I was told about it. About £5 a pot on eBay. Worth every penny. Great build Nat. If you need any bits, I know someone with some ZX400 bits, including an engine and headers??? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

never new that.....think i will buy some.....

Looking good Nat keep up the good work

Well haven't been upto anything at all. Which is a real shame. Been real busy with work and sitting uni out ect ect, just general life realy.

Panels are with my friend for paint, havnt got the left side as they cocked up and infact didn't have my fairing! What pissed me off more was the fact they weren't even going to tell me, they waited till i got back from the lakes, found there wasn't a fairing here and rung them to find out what's going on! : anyway got a full refund... just can't find anouther fairing!!!!

I will just have to run it without for the time being.

Might finaly finish off the brakes tonight.......

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Well no progress has happened in AGGGESSS!!! sadly :( This is due to me moving to uni and such and the workload is intense... anyway...

I have finally sourced and bought a L/H fairing, so now the fairing is complete. Its now going to be painted but theres no timescale on that as im not sure realy when i can get anything else done and what with winter coming theres no big rush anyway.

Much still to do, have decided not to bother going too much into it so just generally going to give it abit of a tidy up and get it on the road. Still the front brake capilers to rebuild and bleed all the brakes, then will take the front end off and paint the bottom of the forks as theyre flakey.... then basically give it a service and away we go :) hopefully insure it as its only £190 for the year and get a few days in before the snow hits, but we will see how we go first....

Sorry for the realy slow progress, i had intended at first to have this dont before i went to uni, but having a faff with a company who sent me the wrong fairing ect and my better half starting a jon ive not had time realy

Well no progress has happened in AGGGESSS!!! sadly :( This is due to me moving to uni and such and the workload is intense... anyway...

I have finally sourced and bought a L/H fairing, so now the fairing is complete. Its now going to be painted but theres no timescale on that as im not sure realy when i can get anything else done and what with winter coming theres no big rush anyway.

Much still to do, have decided not to bother going too much into it so just generally going to give it abit of a tidy up and get it on the road. Still the front brake capilers to rebuild and bleed all the brakes, then will take the front end off and paint the bottom of the forks as theyre flakey.... then basically give it a service and away we go :) hopefully insure it as its only £190 for the year and get a few days in before the snow hits, but we will see how we go first....

Sorry for the realy slow progress, i had intended at first to have this dont before i went to uni, but having a faff with a company who sent me the wrong fairing ect and my better half starting a jon ive not had time realy

I look forward to seeing it finished ................Are you gonna paint it Pink ? :lol:

:evil: :evil: :evil: F*CK SAKE!!! bought the wrong bloody fairing again!!! AHHH!!

therefore the bloody bikes not having one!! going to just not have the side fairings on for now till i can bloody find one! I CANNOT ANYWHERE!!!!

soooooo... as the engine is filthy and not realy presentable its coming out on sunday and at some point getting degreased and painted black! and other bits and pieces will be getting stripped an cleaned too!

:evil: :evil: :evil: F*CK SAKE!!! bought the wrong bloody fairing again!!! AHHH!!

therefore the bloody bikes not having one!! going to just not have the side fairings on for now till i can bloody find one! I CANNOT ANYWHERE!!!!

soooooo... as the engine is filthy and not realy presentable its coming out on sunday and at some point getting degreased and painted black! and other bits and pieces will be getting stripped an cleaned too!

:( that sucks!

That is the biking gods punishing you for getting rid of the skulls. :wink: :lol:

Well im quite liking the idea of a streetfighter and building brackets would be far too much like hard work ;)

Aint that hard, I've done it and would do it again...

For a price 8-)

Tmobile cocked up my bill and took the last £100 out of my account so atm i dont have money to feed myself nevermind to buy things for the bike sadly.

• 5 months later...

Small update:

My friend who was painting the bike for me had a bad bike accident and wont be able to paint my bike probaly till winter. So ive got the panels back which have been rubbed down and some in primer. Im not going to bother trying to paint it as ive never done it before and just want it on the road!

Over the past few days me and the oh have been doing a few things to it.

1. He very kindly whilst I was at work finished rebuilding the front calipers and we got the painted today, they will be going on the bike tommorow and getting bled!

2. Got the mirrors painted as they were a wierd red colour and although everythings in primer nearenough I still thought they looked stupid so they got the matt black treatment. They went back on the front fairing along with the screen.

3. Got it fired up!!! :D I thought the battery would be dead but NOPE! it was as strong as the day I left it 6 months ago! That was a shocker as usually things dont go that well for me! He started after about 5 mins of fiddling with the choke. Sounds abit rough but I didnt expect it to be smooth after sitting there for 6 months, he also definately has the typical kawasaki clutch rattle!!! hope it dies down abit when ive manage to take him for a good blast!

I was soo pleased when he fired up! and rubbed it in oh face as my little old rough zxr was much easier to start than his diversion hes getting ready to sell :P

Only things left to do are to get the fairings put back on, put calipers on and bleed them and RIDE IT!!! oh have to insure it first lol!

Another update today:

Got the rear caliper on the bike and bled up. Didn't take long :) still got the fronts to do.... dont know why we didn't do them lol....

Got the replacement radiator mounts on.... what a f**cking faff!! Oh had dropped it and broke the other one so think it put the radiation abit out of shape. Not by much but enough to be a pain. Anyway much tantrums later they're on. Found out one of the engine mounting bolts that also hold the radiator mount on is stripped but we can't get to it or get it off so dont know what to do about it....

Then I tried to get the throttle to return back to "off" by itself. Which is a requirement of an norm but could we hell! Lubricated both cables which helped abit. Then took the throttle housing (bit on handlebar) off to have a look and it was all abit stiff so lubricated that but it still wont return on its on and is very stiff to pull back. If you hold the throttle housing a certain way it will snap back but can't get it to in its normal position :

So thats it for today... hopefully tommorow we will put the front callipers on and all thats left is the fairing :)