putt putt woes

Guest donttalkrun

I've had my full car licence since 81. my question is when i first got my bike about 82 on provisional entitlement it was a 250cc. I've been off an on bikes since but not for about ten years. I'VE been told i can no longer drive a 250 but only a 125 and then only after taking a test??. what's up.

hello and welcome to the motor bike forum :lol:

please say hello in the newbies section and please put your

location in your profile :D

I'm afraid you need to do at least your CBT to ride anything!

have a read through this section and all your questions should

be answered.

if not ask away :lol:

I've had my full car licence since 81. my question is when i first got my bike about 82 on provisional entitlement it was a 250cc. I've been off an on bikes since but not for about ten years. I'VE been told i can no longer drive a 250 but only a 125 and then only after taking a test??. what's up.

Your provisional entitlement is worthless until you validate it by gaining a CBT certificate. It is NOT a test, it is training to get you to a required level of competency.

CBT is valid for 2 years. So unless you pass the test, you need to redo CBT every 2 years to carry on riding on a provisional licence.

Yes, when I first learnt to ride a bike you ould ride a 250cc bike on a provisional licence.

I'm afraid the laws have changed & as has been said you'll need to start from scratch, CBT then theory & main test (Mod 1 & Mod 2)

You will have a full moped licence though which will entitle you to ride a 50cc with a speed up to 31 mph!!

And no L plates and carry a pillion! When I had no L's tho on a 50cc the police pulled me for 'looking suspicious'

You will have a full moped licence though which will entitle you to ride a 50cc with a speed up to 31 mph!!

And no L plates and carry a pillion! When I had no L's tho on a 50cc the police pulled me for 'looking suspicious'

yeah forgot about that too :)