ZX7R goes like a tractor in cold weather....WHY?????

DutchMick

I had this problem last year, anything under 4 degrees C and my Kawa ZX7R refuses to run properly. Won't pick up straight away at low revs and sounds like it should be working on a farm.

In the spring I fiddled with the carbs, lifted the needles, put in bigger inlet valves thinking it needed more fuel. But as I've noticed this winter its the same as last year. I'm thinking it could be the main jet. Any ideas?

this i due to carb icing mate...

ya can get an additive to put in ya tank to help prevent this but it may not cure it....

all 7r's do this even mine, though it has the heated carbs :evil:

Basic problem is that yer bike is a pile of crap......Yamaha my friend, trade it in for a Yamaha. :wink:

You know it makes sense!! :D

Yamaha make keyboards and Hi fi's why would anyone want to Play the Piano instead of riding? :roll:

This will probably start a discussion of universal proportions but I think everyone will agree with me when I say that the Kawa ZX7R is the most beautiful, gorgeous bike ever made, especially in black like mine. Please don't have a go at that Yammy rider, it's not right to mock the afflicted :wink:

This will probably start a discussion of universal proportions but I think everyone will agree with me when I say that the Kawa ZX7R is the most beautiful, gorgeous bike ever made, especially in black like mine. Please don't have a go at that Yammy rider, it's not right to mock the afflicted :wink:

hell yer :twisted:

I think they're big fat ugly lard arses!! Is that the kinda thing you was after :up:

Have to agree they're well tasty ...........

Not quite in 916 territory ... but still very nishe :!: :D

any luck with the Pro FST yet? I use it as well. Are you really dutch? You're english is a bit too smooth :lol: (english mum or dad or something no doubt)

Haven't found it yet, no time, just riding my pushbike to work at the moment, but it sounds good.

I'm english, lived here 15 years, speak perfect dutch

ah OK hoi in that case. The dutch generally put their bikes away in winter as it gets too cold I understand. Just thinking aloud, maybe there is less of that stuff in the shops then. Ik ben nederlandse :D