torque wrench

mealexme

So, I need a torque wrench because I want to change the oil (and do it propperly) so I search torque wrench in a well known online shop and come across 3 types

1.http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31Lp%2BmI3%2B4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

2.http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51nC48UXOqL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

3.http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/21K4caYX58L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Whats the difference? Which is better?

By the way, I will probably use it for the wheels too when I do my chain again etc, but I dont want it for that as much as I do for the oil, so if the range isnt ig enough to cover both, it doesnt matter

If this is for tighten up the sump bolt and filter the torque settings are... Tight! Dont waste money buying stuff like that

Really! Just wait till you crack that alloy sump that's all part of the crank case and it will cost you about a grand to sort!

Item 2 is no good on its own as It's used for degree tightening and to be used after a torque wrench you will be hard pushed to find bolts that need tightening like that on a bike

1 and 2 work really well item one been the best spend money on a decent one though ;-)

If you by one have a practice first by putting the square drive in a vice and seeing when it clicks off at various settings. It is easy with small bolts into alloy to overtighten and strip threads as low torque settings don't produce a loud click.

As you gain experience you'll get to know if you are overtightening bolts.

Better safe than sorry, as stated previously repairs can be expensive.

Been spannering stuff for more than half a century, started with meccano. Used a torque wrench once to tighten down the cylinder head on an old reliant. If you use the right sized spanner and sensible force you won't strip threads or crack/split alloy casings. If you think it may vibrate or work loose swinging on the wrench isn't the answer. There are lots of solutions for this without taking steroids. The sump nut has a copper or similar washer that squashes to make a seal. Replace the washer every time and tighten it sensibly and there won't be a problem. 8-)

If this is for tighten up the sump bolt and filter the torque settings are... Tight! Dont waste money buying stuff like that

Really! Just wait till you crack that alloy sump that's all part of the crank case and it will cost you about a grand to sort!

Item 2 is no good on its own as It's used for degree tightening and to be used after a torque wrench you will be hard pushed to find bolts that need tightening like that on a bike

1 and 2 work really well item one been the best spend money on a decent one though ;-)

Well you learn how tight is tight and dont waste time using torque wrenchs when you do it day in day out..

And you wont crack the sump, just strip the thread :)

Well you learn how tight is tight and dont waste time using torque wrenchs when you do it day in day out..

And you wont crack the sump, just strip the thread :)

So your advice is irrelevant then seen as though to OP doesn't do it day in day out :roll:

And don't be too sure about not cracking the sump I've been there and done it and seen it done and others have on here have also done it!

Easy to find out, just disassemble and ispect. Warning, you may need a torque wrench to put it back together. 8-)

Lol! Seeing as I use it to make sure that my rear axe is at 100Nm after I've done adjusting the chain, I'll keep it one piece ... :lol:

hi guys, bikerboy414 here, torque wrenches ftw! lol.

wrist aching? why not try a little vaseline on the knuckles! lol.

seriously though, my torque wrench has become pretty tarnished recently, but look no further for the solution my friends, grape juice! Yes you heard right, just regular old grape juice! leaves the shine, takes the grime.

for those of you pinching the pennys, some homemade does the trick. http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/making_grape_juice/

normal grapes too expensive? then how did you afford a bike.

haha great!1!

seriously though, my torque wrench has become pretty tarnished recently, but look no further for the solution my friends, grape juice! Yes you heard right, just regular old grape juice! leaves the shine, takes the grime.

for those of you pinching the pennys, some homemade does the trick. http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/making_grape_juice/

haha great!1!

That is the strangest post I have ever seen.

haha great!1!

That is the strangest post I have ever seen.

Sure is lol. torque wrench havnt got anything to do with wrists aching, and vasaline on the knuckles is not as far as i can see related to aching wrists. And grapes?WTF? lol. Im intrigued, what do you dowith this grape juice?

haha i'm making friends already! great fun!

lol grape juice, works dont ask me how i know but i do haha yay.

just rub it on with a cloth, wash it off with some WARM water. (nt hot nt cold) and as i say, keep the shine but loose that nasty grime lol.

and as for the vaseline, umm maybe that wasnt right haha j/k lol yay great

haha i'm making friends already! great fun!

lol grape juice, works dont ask me how i know but i do haha yay.

just rub it on with a cloth, wash it off with some WARM water. (nt hot nt cold) and as i say, keep the shine but loose that nasty grime lol.

and as for the vaseline, umm maybe that wasnt right haha j/k lol yay great

http://www.strangekidsclub.com/wp-content/themes/community/images/logo.png