bike/car

mealexme

<t>do you have a car and bike? Which do you use more generally?</t>  

55 members have voted

1. 1. do you have a car and bike? Which do you use more generally?

• I dont have a bike, or a car
    • I only have a bike
    • I have both but ride the bike more
    • I have both and ride/drive them about the same
    • I have both but drive a car more
    • I only have a car

I only have the bike because it's miles cheaper and I'm a stingy bast*rd. Bike does 50mpg easily and car did 40. Road tax was 240 quid for the car - much less for the bike. Insurance for the bike 80 quid a year, car 37 quid a month.

And the bike is much more fun. Although it's not ideal, I have to admit, when moving 25kg sacks of rabbit food.

I have to confess that I like driving (most of the time)

I actually like driving too, I am a terrible passenger! Its a wonder that no-one has thrown me out of their car in the middle of a dual carriageway :lol: 8-)

I'm not a good passenger either and I have a strange driving style, leaning round corners, creeping up to red traffic lights so I don't have to stop, insisting that my passengers sit behind me and keep still........some of the filtering has been interesting too......but I always do my lifesavers :lol: :lol:

Edited by Bonniebird

Im sick of owning my car as it just seems to make us all want to drive when we could walk...

If I got rid of it I would save a minimum of £875 a year but just cant decide if its going to make me feel stressed and isolated or more healthy and liberated! Could probably do without one for another 10yrs - £8750 thats a new bike lol hmmm

still dunno :?

Unfortunately I have to use my car for work purposes so it gets used more than the bike. I changed my job shortly after getting the bike so it kinda put to bed my idea of using it as a daily commuter. I have take equipment out and about with me and can't carry it out on the bike.