Bedford Aerodrome Taster

nman1

Well I`ve finally taken the plunge. Aaron and myself are doing a 20min. taster on the track at Bedford Aerodrame on Saturday. We get there at 11.30am and ride from 1.00 to 1.20pm Looking forward to it but I`m sure I`ll shite it on the day. I`ll try and get some pics.

I`m sure I`ll enjoy Phil, once I get over the initial nerves. As for race fairings, I doubt it mate. I`ll use this to gain some confidence and possible a starter for a longer session next spring/summer.

I`m sure I`ll enjoy Phil, once I get over the initial nerves. As for race fairings, I doubt it mate. I`ll use this to gain some confidence and possible a starter for a longer session next spring/summer.

I wouldn't be too nervous. I'd imagine it's the safest place to ride! Although being uninsured is a bit worrying :D

I'm trying to calculate how i'm going to get there at the moment. It'd be nice to avoid the A14 to keep my new tyres round, but that makes it an earlyish start.

Aaron, we have to be there for 11.30. How long does it take for you to get to mine, if of course that`s the way you want to come. I`ll get a route from mine to the track and see how long it will take.

According to google, A14 = 55 mins, via backroads = 1 hr 15 mins, so in reality i'm quicker than that.

Also... did you get the paperwork I emailed you? Nothing important really, but don't forget you need your license. Presumably both parts.

Yep, got the paperwork. If you`re going by the A14, I presume you`ll call in for me on the way. I then know the way via back roads and it`s only 21 miles from me so should not take long.

Weather`s looking good, bit windy though, especially in an open airbase field but better than wet, slippery roads.

I would not think any further up-dates Matt, if you go, look out for a 10 plate gixer in blue black and white with me in black BKS lethers or a blue triumph 675 with a bloke in yellow/white leathers.

When you are called out to the track Neil, try to stay at the back when you set off. Ignore all the other riders and just ride at your own pace. If available ask if an instructor/marshal will follow you around and show you the right lines. Most of all enjoy. I am always at the back in the novices group but still have an ear to ear smile for the rest of the week. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Do a few laps before getting your knee down to make sure your tyres are warm enough, also make sure you lower your psi to around 32/30 and remember to enjoy yourself altho 1 session isnt enough time to get over your nerves and settle into it.

I would not think any further up-dates Matt.

I`ll try and get some pics.

:?:

:o

:D

I might pop by & get my bike tested to see just how noisy it is (it seems really quiet to me, quieter than pretty much any other bike I've had with a full stainless system on it).

I''ll be on a (old :) ) black MkII Fireblade & all black leathers if I'm there, I won't be riding as the session is full.

I assume Nman won't have internet until monday, but I think he got a pictire of us posing. No action phots.

I don't know if we learnt much in only 1 session, other than what it's like and how much fun it is to ride your bike like it was built for without having to worry about tractors, or cowpats round the bend!

I was a little nervous, and I think neil was quite nervous. But at the end both of us were well pleased so it was definitely worth while.

Someone crashed and got the session red-flagged, but it was right at the end so we didn't really miss much :)

Fantastic 20 mins. As Aaron said it was not enough time to get used to it, and I`m sure after another few laps I`d have had the chicken strips that bit thinner. I was nervous as heel to start with but once I got used to the track and where the corners were it was good to push myselfe that bit further with each lap. I went out Sunday morning and was cornering with a little more confidence and loosing all thought on what speed I was doing.

Deffo do another one.

Us posing befor the off, did not know where of how to get any action shots.

540313013_Copyof100_0686.thumb.jpg.9e68d1234032cb290e7291a9ad3d5814.jpg

I personally will wait till I can garantee the weather a bit more. I don`t fancy splashing out up to £100 to have it rain on the day. And yes Phil, I can see how it gets addictive.