FAZER RESTRICTION

polecat

I saw the familiar 4 washers on ebay for a Fazer and also a packet of bits and spring for a thundercat (which has the same engine as a fazer)

Does the FZS use washers or the would the thundercat spring and bits kit be the best option ? I presume the cat kit is a throttle restriction ?

which is best anyhow ?

I know this has been covered before but anyone with experience of Fazer restriction would know whats best :)

cheers

I didnt know you were restricted!? :shock:

How long until that ends then?

With the fazer if the power outputs are the same and the carbs, airbox and exhaust system are the same then we could probably make an educated guess that the bike breathes and runs the same way as a thundercat so it should be safe to fit a kit from one on it. But double check!

If not and the kit is going cheap, buy it and try it. It cant hurt right?

FZ6 Fazer 2003- VIN- RJ07 part No 05-RJ07-K25

YZF600 Thunder Cat 1996- VIN- 4TV part No 05-4TV-K25

from FI international website

going by the first and last part number of the part number i would say yes as the centre part of the part number is the VIN of the bike

Thanks guys

I have seen a set going cheap so am keeping my fingers crossed and if I am lucky enough to win them will be happy to pass any dimentions to them that wants them :cheers:

They are from a bike dealer so should be ok but I sure am not paying the £172 Fi international wants ! I would rather wait 7 months :roll:

Just found a guy on EBAY who is makeing and selling his own restrictor kits with certificates for £32 which is not bad really !

most popular makes are availible and they look really well made

Looks like a little competition for Fi International me thinks .