Valenica Moto GP

JamieK

ive heard a few people say now that they are trying to get moto gp's next race at valenica to start the race without pole position as a tribute to marco simoncelli, in my view this is a great idea.

that championship is sorted the race is only to sort out dovi and pedrosa out so if it can be dedicated to marco its a great idea i think

Guest philgale

think it would be good if for one race they gave up all the sponsorship leathers and all wore black leathers instead. or to see everyone on the grid wearing a sim rep lid...that would be kool

I hope they race as normal & keep all the sympathies for the actual funeral.

Given his character, would someone like Simoncelli want the race to be disrupted & the possible outcome swayed by mucking about with things like grid positions?

I doubt it, I certainly wouldn't. This 'Princess Diana Syndrome' with all the over the top displays of public grief by people who are just out to let everyone know just how 'kind & caring' they are is getting to be a bit tiring. Yes, it was a sad day & a nasty way to go, but what the **** has it got to do with them, us (or me) really? :roll:

I hope they race as normal & keep all the sympathies for the actual funeral.

Given his character, would someone like Simoncelli want the race to be disrupted & the possible outcome swayed by mucking about with things like grid positions?

I doubt it, I certainly wouldn't. This 'Princess Diana Syndrome' with all the over the top displays of public grief by people who are just out to let everyone know just how 'kind & caring' they are is getting to be a bit tiring. Yes, it was a sad day & a nasty way to go, but what the **** has it got to do with them, us (or me) really? :roll:

Marco was one of the best bits about watching MotoGP. When I was looking for the race start time to see if i'd missed the start and needed to use iPlayer or not, and discovered that he'd died, my girlfriend burst into tears and I certainly struggled not to.

So i think there's a difference between people sharing their grief together, and people offering token signs of respect.

I hate the minute's silence at football matches for some earthquake, or whatever. Noone really cares; it's just a sign of respect that people feel duty bound to pay. On the otherhand I feel that all of the Simoncelli tributes honestly help people feel less sad about the whole thing.

I reckon the race winner should take Simoncelli's bike bike on a victory lap with a monster wheelie down the finish straight !

• 2 weeks later...