Riding position

alexanderfoti

Hi All

Now that I have "completed" my project NSR125 and have turned it into a streetfighter type build, I have realised that I am unhappy with the riding style, especially after coming from the Varadero!.

Essentially I am too far leaning forward, which is hunching my shoulders and putting a lot of pressure on my wrists which is painful :(

What would be the easiest way to lift the bars slightly?

Thanks all in advance!

bar risers can potentially raise the bars up an inch or two, you may also be able to find bars with a higher rise themselves.

alternatively, you could lower the seat height :up:

I have looked at those, but there doesn't seem to be any available for my specific models, are there any good universal ones?

It appears somebody has already had a go at lowering the seat, mainly by removing most of the foam! :(

are there any good universal ones?

not sure, not something i've ever looked into, but there is this sort of thing on ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motorcycle-Handlebar-30mm-Risers-Oversized-28-6mm-Fat-Bar-Pro-Taper-VEGAS-/120781970838?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item1c1f2a9d96#ht_1148wt_1270

Should fit most bikes/bars, although, you will need to check that your cables would be long enough!

It appears somebody has already had a go at lowering the seat, mainly by removing most of the foam! :(

Oh dear :|

are there any good universal ones?

not sure, not something i've ever looked into, but there is this sort of thing on ebay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motorcycle-Handlebar-30mm-Risers-Oversized-28-6mm-Fat-Bar-Pro-Taper-VEGAS-/120781970838?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item1c1f2a9d96#ht_1148wt_1270

Should fit most bikes/bars, although, you will need to check that your cables would be long enough!

Oh dear :|

Unfortunately, and as my nsr has clip-ons, it seems I can only use something like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/46-mm-Black-3 ... 550wt_1163

but I think that that price, I will take some pain killers instead!

Do not under any circumstances modify clip ons!!! Post pix of your top yoke, from above and below and we'll work out how to fit risers to a spare one. I have some high Renthals that pull back a lot and some Bandit 12 bars. Both for sale.

Do not under any circumstances modify clip ons!!! Post pix of your top yoke, from above and below and we'll work out how to fit risers to a spare one. I have some high Renthals that pull back a lot and some Bandit 12 bars. Both for sale.

Cheers, I did conclude in the end that it would be dangerous to modify them. I will take some pics tomorrow, thanks for your help!

If you plan to learn how to jump, you'll need to know the proper jumping position. Its quite a bit different from the first pictures (basic riding position) but it serves very well for hopping over fences and other obstacles..

I dont think I will he hopping over many fences on the NSR!

• 2 months later...

Just an update, I ended up doing this:

http://i.imgur.com/rbzGe.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/v5LbC.jpg

Adjustable handlebars and pull-back bar mounts.

Drilled 2 holes into the top mount, and mounted them using the large bolts provided (and some spring washers)

I'd like to see pix of the underside of that top yoke mate!!! How thick is it? Did you fit load spreading washers? Are the holes in the yoke smooth and minimum diameter? Your life could depend on how well it has been modified!!! :( :( :(

I'd like to see pix of the underside of that top yoke mate!!! How thick is it? Did you fit load spreading washers? Are the holes in the yoke smooth and minimum diameter? Your life could depend on how well it has been modified!!! :( :( :(

The top yolk at the point where the bolts go through are about 1cm thick, do you think this is ok?