Odd luggage question

Guest CraiGDaniel

I'm trying to figure out the best way to transport desktop computers via the bike. Please don't asy why, i just do lol. :blink:

I would be carrying just one desktop pc tower at a time and maybe some peripherals. Most of you know what the average desktop computer tower looks like(i hope so) so just imagine that and add another half onto the size, that's the kind of sized box i want to fit to the bike.

Carrying luggage etc is a very new thing for me, so calling upon the experienced. Is there any companies out there that offer custom built box's (google didn't help) or any kind of box that a pc tower would fit in that i could securely fit to the bike? (would have to be waterproof) ofcourse i will pad the inside very well etc.

Any ideas from the wise of this forum?

Luggage rack, cargo net and some bungies.

People carry loads of odd things on the bike.

Ask littlecat what she had the other day :shock:

Add to that a bit of padding between the rack & tower :wink:

Take care though, once you start adding weight passed the centre point of the rear wheel, any swing at the back end comes back up through the bike to the steering to the front,,,,

i have a friend at my bike club who straps a suitacase to his bike when we go to bike rallies. it contains his tent, camp bed ,sleeping bag, cider, chair, clothes etc.

pretty sure you could find a second hand samsonite hard suitcase on fleabay, you could fit some foam inside to incase it ever gets dropped.

or look for flight cases (aluminimum cases used by dj's and the like). they would be ideal.

Please don't asy why, i just do lol. :blink:

So hard to resist, but then we all know about the random chaps who transport goats on a motorbike... Please do put up a photo for us to see when your assembly is complete... For educational purposes ofc! :o :wink:

I have seen some big panniers a bit like a top box that extends down to the swing arm on both sides like an upside down horse shoe is the best way I can explain it, on courier bikes and they are all white GRP so someone must make them, they might suit you ?

Keith