UK Challenge 100 Discussion 2012

TC

Managed to get a few more on holiday, though not nearly as many as we could. Unfortunately journeys didn't go very well so wasn't much spare time for getting tags.

We almost managed to get the Kirkstone Pass Inn on the way down, bikes parked outside and camera in hand... but we didn't have our numbers or a pen/paper to make new ones :(

Jesus guys, I saw the post in the other thread, one hell of a trip racked you some serious points up! Nice work!

I'm hoping to do some local (ish) ones tomorrow but the forecast isnt looking too good :(

also, i updated my profile to show my score as 20, but it got changed back to 0, any reason for this?

Fantastic effort rushwind Completed the whole 100 challenges. Hats off to you mate especially after the awful summer we have had as well.

thanx T.C., , all down to you and a thoughtful challenge :)

( dunno wot to do now!!!)

nice pic for completion btw :cheers:

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq63/brazenf91/Challenge%20100/th_bsb.jpg?t=1345202950http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq63/brazenf91/Challenge%20100/tagwales-1.jpghttp://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq63/brazenf91/Challenge%20100/Bridges_zps87b51ce3.jpg?t=1349477324http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq63/brazenf91/Challenge%20100/th_UkChallenge_zpsf34ce2b9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Fantastic effort rushwind Completed the whole 100 challenges. Hats off to you mate especially after the awful summer we have had as well.

thanx T.C., , all down to you and a thoughtful challenge :)

( dunno wot to do now!!!)

nice pic for completion btw :cheers:

Well done mate, impressive achievement i gotta say!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well that brings an end to a very wet 2012 and the 2012 Challenge 100

Personally for me the challenge brought about the best biking trip i had last year. A week around Scotland with Roy and Gary collecting all but ONE tag :cry:

I hope that the rest of you enjoyed it as much as i did as it's an excuse to get out on your bike and go to places you wouldn't noemally go to.

I would just like to say Thank you to all the people that have sent me and Stu pm's saying how much they have enjoyed the challenge (even if they have only done a few of them they have enjoyed it) I was surprised by how much people enjoyed it.

Anyway even though its just for fun here is a list of the top 14 challenge riders

Rushwind - 1280 points. Completed the whole challenge. Congratulations Kev :cheers:

Grumpy old git - 830. Completed Wales, came in with a late surge.

TC (me) - 670

Throttled - 410. Completed the Scottish Challenge

Yorbandit - 400

Bonniebird & Tango - 340. Great Couple tagging together

Whitedevil - 320 Before he binned his bike on a trackday :(

Techno - 250 Got the hump because we missed one tag in Scotland.

Susieque - 230 Did better than other half rennie (and beat him in the fantasy bike race)

Rennie - 200 Enough said in above post

iiisecondcreep - 190 Had horrendous weather tagging from Scotland to Cornwall

Gordon276 - 180 Joint

Davefly - 180 Joint

Ohjay - 150

Littlecat - 140 Did so many miles and forgot her her tag Number so many times :D

The Challenge 2013 will be out shortly

It certainly was a good excuse to get out - I planned the Wales tour around June but only just managed to get it in in late October (weather / other commitments / etc.)

Best bits were the rides over the Penines and the Wye Valley (although on both occaisions, it rained!)

Thanks to Dave (TC) for all the work in setting it all up and keeping track of the score.

Congratulations to Rushwind for completing the challenge :shock:

Also congrats to all who took part - maybe I'll see you out there this year?

Shame the list is not yet ready - this weekend would have been good 8-) .

All the best one & all.

:cheers:

Best trip, my winter one to do Applecross and other tags. Best road, the B709 to do the Tibetan monastery. Hardest to find, a Kings Head pub, there are none in Scotland! Biggest cock up, photographing the wrong Forth Bridge, later rectified. :cheers:

Well done Kev, no surprise there! :cheers:

And to all who have got out and about enjoying their bikes, congrats to you :D

• 2 months later...

Yes yes i know im late to the party but better late than never. I cant believe i still got 7th place even though i stopped being able to play in april.

I just wanted to say well done to everyone who took part and a big thank you to everyone who organised the game, i really enjoyed playing and im happy to see you've done it again for this year.

Well done guys and thanks again, hopefully i'll get to meet a few more of you this year as well :cheers: