Southend Shakedown, 9th April 2012...Easter Monday...

Tango

Should make it Bob, but probs meeting a mate in Basildon and eventually riding to Sarfend. Where is a good meeting point? :mrgreen:

we friends? :o

But also to the map, they are funny looking back roads lol going through chelmo and wickford :3

But also to the map, they are funny looking back roads lol going through chelmo and wickford :3

Hi Karimura......yeah those back roads are a route that BonnieBird's brother takes us to avoid the A127. We then drop down to the front east of the main esplanade and come back along. If it's a nice day you'll see why we do this..... :wink:

Hi guys,

We're planning to come (Seawolf+1) all depending on how tired I'd feel after a late night's flight the day before.

9.30-10 sounds good, I'll keep an eye on here to see where you will meet.

Cheers.

I'll go along with it, shame you wont see East marshlands :), just east of the main road, going through nice roads what bikers go ^^,

southwooden ferriers n that.

Looking forward to it, are you making new thread for head count?

Ok...I've taken TC's lead and produced a little map with the proposed route. I think we may be linking up with BonnieBird's brother in Rayleigh at around noon.....so we'll probably have to be setting off from Huntingdon between 09:30 & 10:00. If anyone else is joining us enroute we'll arrange a rendezvous point and time a bit nearer.

http://g.co/maps/kup8c

Maybe people can post up if they are going to make it along so that we have an idea of numbers etc.

Cheers,

Bob

I might be riding back from Edinburgh that day but if I don't go I may drop down from King's Lynn and meet you in Huntingdon.

:cheers:

Just looked at map the starting point goes over a motorway, can I (L plater) go over it on the bridge or does that count as being on the motorway : P if it does, I'll meet you guys over the otherwise in the first town that seems fine to meet in :cheers:

I don't think going over a motorway constitutes riding ON the motorway, unless the bridge forms part of another M-way. As long as the signs on the bridge entrance and exit are green and not blue then you will be fine.

Just looking at the map do you mean the road that crosses the M11 just before Saffron Walden? If so then yes, you can ride on that road.

I don't think going over a motorway constitutes riding ON the motorway, unless the bridge forms part of another M-way. As long as the signs on the bridge entrance and exit are green and not blue then you will be fine.

Just looking at the map do you mean the road that crosses the M11 just before Saffron Walden? If so then yes, you can ride on that road.

Ah tat is good to hear, only a quite road so no one will see : P

Ok folks.....assuming that the weather for next Monday is OK...... :roll:

The plan is to depart from Hartford Marina (PE28 2AA) at 09:30 Easter Monday .....so rendezvous there from 09:00. We'll follow the route that I put up further up the thread until I get lost....and then we'll make it up as we go along...... :lol:

We plan to join up with BonnieBird's brother at the Travellers Joy pub in Rayleigh (SS6 9JF) around 12:00. Then ride into Southend via some of the back roads to avoid some of the congestion and make our way along the seafront and squeeze the bikes in amongst the other several thousand bikes there.

If anyone else wants to meet enroute let me know and we'll sort meeting points and approx times.

Hope that the weather picks up a bit as it's a really great day out...... 8-)

If you are planning on coming along please indicate on the thread. Just so's we've got an idea and don't push off and leave people behind..... :wink:

Tango

OK guys......I'll assume that if you're not there at 09:30 you had too good a weekend then!!... 8-)

Yeah...looking forward to it too Alan......See ya at the Hungry Horse (Traveller's Joy) around 12:00 mate..... 8-)

Doesn't look like I'm going to Scotland now Bob so if the weather is half decent I'll meet you at the Marina.

Nice one Dave....see ya at the Marina if weather is OK. Did go down a few years back in snow flurries.....wasn't fun....and that was on my Trophy with full fairing and heated grips!.... :wink:

No problem Karimura.......I'm guessing you mean North Chelmsford as I'm not a local.... :wink: Give us an idea where you are likely to be and we'll look out for you..... 8-)

Doesn't look like I'm going to Scotland now Bob so if the weather is half decent I'll meet you at the Marina.

Nice one Dave....see ya at the Marina if weather is OK. Did go down a few years back in snow flurries.....wasn't fun....and that was on my Trophy with full fairing and heated grips!.... :wink:

Bugger that! My definition of decent weather is warm, bright sunshine and dry roads. Anything less and it's crap imo lol ;)

Yeah....we may do the same. Bit of a long run if it really is chucking it down.......but I'm not scared of the rain.....so may go anyway.....and then use my week off to dry off....... :lol: :lol:

Why not meet me at the pub in Rayleigh.?

Yeah sure, my uncle suggested that I do : P, they'll probably just leave me behind at chelmsford anyway with a 125 haha.

I not sure where this pub is, ona google it see if it comes up

I,ll be on a dark grey Fireblade Streetfighter. Postcode is in Tango,s post, streetview it? Pub had two names? See ya at 1200 if not pi$$in down.

Yeah just a left off a127 into old neighborhood then another left to pub :3