Incontinent old women and computers ...

XmisterIS

Well, not that old and not really incontinent, but ...

I've just completely rebuilt my mum's old PC and put Windows 7 on it.

After I'd done it, I sat down and spent a good 20 minutes explaining to her how it was different to XP, how to use Win 7 libraries, what she needed to be aware of with the wireless connection, etc, etc. I've also put a wireless LAN connector in the back of her printer so she can have it anywhere she likes in the house and print from either her laptop or desktop, so I carefully explained to her how it was now mounted on the local network, etc.

She sat the whole time listening intently, nodding, occasionally saying, "Mm-hm, mm-hm, yes, yes, I see, yes, oh yes".

At the end of the lengthy explanation I said, "So you understand all that, right?". She nodded. "Anything you want to ask?", I said.

She said ... "Will I still have an internet with this new computer?"

And then ... "When I want to print, how do I plug it in? It's an awfully long way away from the computer, will I need an extension? And I how do I print from my laptop? Will I need a mini printer like the man in the shop said?"

I could have slit my wrists right there and then .... :|

Clearly, she had not understood one single word I had said to her. Not one.

*SIGH*

Ha ha ha!! :lol:

My Dad bought a laptop about 5 years ago because he wanted to be able to follow up TV programmes where they gave a website to look at.

My sister & my nieces have set it all up for him & explained everything, but to date I don't think he's ever turned it on! :roll:

funny enough my mam rang me last week her partner has just bought a note book ,she ask me to go down and have a look ,when i asked her why she said they had spent all afternoon trying to get on there internet .....when i ask who she gets her broadband from she asked whats that :lol: :lol: :lol: so when she signs up and gets a router i,m going to sort it out :D

funny enough my mam rang me last week her partner has just bought a note book ,she ask me to go down and have a look ,when i asked her why she said they had spent all afternoon trying to get on there internet .....when i ask who she gets her broadband from she asked whats that :lol: :lol: :lol: so when she signs up and gets a router i,m going to sort it out :D

Or finds an unsecure router in the WiFi local area ... (ssshh!!!)

I tell you what irritates my Mum to the max is when she has spent all afternoon trying to do something, gives up in frustration, then I come round and do it in 5 minutes flat :lol:

I set up a pc in my mums living room for her to watch films and stuff i download, i was showing her how to start the films up and told her to move the mouse to select what she wanted to watch, she then proceeds to wave the mouse around in the air saying its not doing anything.

She was watching a film on it the other day and the picture froze up but the sound carried on, she sat there for 30 minutes watching it thinking it was part of the film. I do worry about her mental health sometimes.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That sounds just like my Mum! Whenever she gets a new gadget she always wants to know everything about it there and then. How it works, what features it has, how to do this, that and the other. So I go through it all with her and she seems to be getting it until I say I'm about to go home. Then she asks a million other questions! Then two days later I get missed calls, voicemails and texts asking if I'm busy and to call her. I ring expecting her to say something bad has happened and all she say's is "a little box has popped up and I don't know where to click" :? and I have to try and diagnose and fix the problem over the phone.. :angel12:

Oh and in her house a megabyte is affectionately known as a diddly-do :lol: 8-)

Love you Mum! :love:

What's your mother's bladder and bowl actions got to do with her ability to use a computer? Surely her competence is of more importance?

Either way I know your pain and pity you!

What's your mother's bladder and bowl actions got to do with her ability to use a computer? Surely her competence is of more importance?

Either way I know your pain and pity you!

i thought this was going to be other thread on best way to wipe 1 ass, and b4 anyone ask yes the as been a thread on here about best way to wipe yr ass

i thought this was going to be other thread on best way to wipe 1 ass, and b4 anyone ask yes the as been a thread on here about best way to wipe yr ass

There's certainly loads of threads started, and contributed to, by ass-wipes :lol:

• 2 weeks later...