Fuel hoses- anyone made one?

CarlosVonBrum

EDIT - so after a bit of research, a new pressure fuel hose is £71.92 Ouch. When hose and ends would cost less than £15. And I have the ends on the old hose. So I'm talking less than a fiver for a hose, and clamp the old banjos to it...

The system runs at 4 bar. Anyone ever made a pressure hose like that?

The Fuel return hose on my Falco (same Rotax 60. V2 lump as Mille & Turono) might need replacing. The bike tries to start, but cuts out after half a second or so. After that, she won't fire at all unless I leave her alone for a while. Sounds like a fueling issue to me - the air is clear, and I have replaced both spark plugs in each cylinder.

Unlike the fuel line, the return hose is braided. The outer cladding is ripped up in a few places, and getting my snout in there smells a lot like fresh petrol.

I am mind-bogglingly broke. Anyone know if I can get away with making a new return hose using banjos, clamps and normal fuel hosing?

Thanks for all the help, no bike in this weather is killing me!

CvB

Edited by CarlosVonBrum

What a fool I have been!

You are absolutely right. I was too quick to assume the hose with the cut off / diconnector was the fuel in. What I have is a fuel preasure hose, and assuming it IS ruptured, a very good reason for the symptoms!

Time to grab a mille hayes manual and get serious.

Does anyone have any experiencing making these up and any tips? Components seem readily available... OEM is £71.72!!!! :shock:

So after a bit of research, a new pressure fuel hose is £71.92 Ouch. When hose and ends would cost less than £15. And I have the ends on the old hose. So I'm talking less than a fiver for a hose, and clamp the old banjos to it...

The system runs at 4 bar. Anyone ever made a pressure hose like that?