Exhaust upgrade.

Whitechapel

I'm looking to upgrade my exhaust for a few reasons, mainly the look. I have a black Fazer and think a black exhaust can would look pretty decent, and also would like a little more noise. Not to be a hooligan but I'd like to be able to hear the bike and for other rod users to be able to hear me.

Value wise I've seen the Beowulf exhausts, does anybody have any experience with these? Or could somebody recommend any other company?

Any help would be appreciated.

I've just had a new one for my R6 from A16 road and race (can't remember their website but they come up on google). Build quality is excellent and makes a nice sound just as good as some of the top makes at a fraction of the cost.

I was talking to a bloke with Beowulf on his Hornet and he loves it, says the sound is great, and isn't too over the top like some makes are and is well priced. Only thing is I have seen their customer aftercare is quite bad if something goes wrong. Simple search on google brings up quite a bit.

I've seen a company on ebay with good feedback and some nice cans for reasonable money, they are Delkevic cans, think Ill replace my standard CBR exhaust with one soon and once I do it will put a review up.

NearOn

Beowulf are great exhausts with a great sound. Nearly there with the expensive cans on BHP too. :mrgreen:

Ah brilliant, not too bothered about BHP increase, mainly looks and sound. Still not sure whether to go Carbon or stay stainless.

The Carbon ones only have 2 year warranty where the stainless has lifetime. hmmmm, choices.

I've seen a company on ebay with good feedback and some nice cans for reasonable money, they are Delkevic cans, think Ill replace my standard CBR exhaust with one soon and once I do it will put a review up.

I've got a Delkevic can on my GSX and for the money I can't complain. Fits well, looks and sounds good and has a removable baffle if you want it really loud (I leave mine in as it feels down on torque when its removed). The only thing I have noticed, and I'm being picky is that the stainless steel has slightly discoloured from the heat. Not a problem for me when you consider the cost compared to other known makes.

:cheers:

I've just bought a MTC GP exhaust, its stupidly loud sounds lovely i'd recommend one.

GPR Zorst are all decent, i'll be selling mine soon heres a vid of the sound -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1Y9Rtmm ... ture=g-upl

GP not road legal though? Can imagine it sounds like a dragon.

I've just bought a MTC GP exhaust, its stupidly loud sounds lovely i'd recommend one.

No its not road legal, unless mr plod does a roadside sound test your ok. My argument is it has a legal baffle ;) (Which i'd consider buying it you were to get one)

If you do decide you want a MTC ring them up, they knocked off £30 off the ebay price for me

No its not road legal, unless mr plod does a roadside sound test your ok. My argument is it has a legal baffle ;) (Which i'd consider buying it you were to get one)

If you do decide you want a MTC ring them up, they knocked off £30 off the ebay price for me

Whoops, too late!

Ordered the road legal one. Should still sound tastier than the standard exhaust.

• 11 months later...

Just an update. The MTC road legal exhaust has come, been installed and now the bike has been sold. It sounded lovely compared to the standard can and the quality was faultless. Would recommend.

Now I have an FZS1000 and possibly looking at another MTC unless anyone else has any other recommendations?

I've heard good things about, Delkevic but does anyone have any first hand experience?

I guess as it being a de-tuned R1 engine would it sound similar???

Any advice as always would be greatly appreciated.

• 1 month later...
Just an update. The MTC road legal exhaust has come, been installed and now the bike has been sold. It sounded lovely compared to the standard can and the quality was faultless. Would recommend.

Now I have an FZS1000 and possibly looking at another MTC unless anyone else has any other recommendations?

I've heard good things about, Delkevic but does anyone have any first hand experience?

I guess as it being a de-tuned R1 engine would it sound similar???

Any advice as always would be greatly appreciated.

Did you choose one in the end? I ditched the Delkevic idea in the end, and went with Pipewerx exhausts, as friends recommended them. And have mine fitted on my Hornet now, looks and sounds great, really well made too by looks of it. I got Stainless steel oval shape with removable baffle. Has an X laser cut into the end of it too, looks good I think.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i200/odloveless/IMG_2105_zps3fb96c90.jpg