First crash!

Guest HarleyWoolf

Hi all!

So I'm completely new to motorbikes. I've always loved them and thought they were fantastically cool and thought now was as good a time as any to get one.

Anyway;

The point at hand is this. The bike I bought is a Lexmoto XTR S. Love it! Seems like a great first bike. However, through in-experience/reflexes/inevitability/stupidity I had my first crash. On the day I bought it. Yeah, sucks.

Thankfully, it wasn't anything major and I came off more with a bruised ego than anything else. The bike had suffered minor cosmetic damage (skid from under me) nothing too drastic, however my front left indicator did take quite a beating, it's currently being held to the bike by duct tape (still working mind you). I've searched all over the net and cannot for the life of me find anything regarding changing an indicator and whether it is something I could do myself (bearing in my I have little to no knowledge of anything electrical). To me, it doesn't look that hard, un-screw something and hook a wire up, but I'm wondering if anyone could shed some light, it would really be appreciated!

Thanks,

Harley (Yes, I DO realise the irony of my name. Curse you father.) :mrgreen:

Hi Wolf,

gld to hear you r ok.

consider the indicator breaking the one of the easiest introduction to motorbike repairs. so obviously do it yourself.

the process will go something like this. order replcment indicator, (see ebay avoid the retailer they put faat markups!)

then more than likely you will need to tke your fairing off. so look for the contact points the fairing has.. (some suggestions - see if the wing mirrors bolt on through the fairing directly to the frame, and the side edges of the fairing) it's an eyeball job really. be sure to disconnect the electric for the indicators before you lift the fairing off

then you can get to your indicators freely, and it will all be pretty self explanatory - track the cables remebr what plugs in where unscrew and recscrew a nut and bolt :)

30-45min job tops!

hope that helps

Goos work! First crash is always the worst one, as a lot of people never get back on a bike!

As already said, indicators very easy. The wires are push fit, for easy removal. You can't go wrong. Just look at it and it will be common sense. NEVER be afraid of working on your own bike my friend. You will know it inside out in no time if you do your own work, and now thanks to the internet, there is nothing you need to do without instruction.