John O Groats To Lands End

DG

I`m no parent (at least I think not) but 100% agree with the charity, My bro used to give any money he rasied for charity to send terminally ill kids on a holiday with an organisation, thus giving them a great time and the parents a break.

FANTASTIC idea.

Setting off from JOG on the 22nd stopping somewhere in the Lake District that 1st night and then following day head onto LE. Stop there get full of beer, wine and grub!

Gonna meet up with a few people on the way up and some of us are going to set off a day ealier and stop on the way up and make a bit of a short break of it before we do the long stint.

Sponsor forms can be found on this link; http://www.martinhouse.org.uk/fundraising/

Anybody got any suggestions for the route i know that the A82 is a must through Glen Coe and so on, but I'm open to suggestions :idea:

Is there a group that will be doing less than a ton on the motorways

Me for one!! :o

I lost this thread for a while (distracted by work recently) but I think I can make the trip - should be awesome and will be a chance to ride in scotland.

Setting off from JOG on the 22nd

Friday, August 22nd - with my memory I had to scan the previous thread pages to resolve the month. :lol:

Sounds great. It is around 450ish miles from Manchester to JOG - I'd be interested in riding up with anyone passing near Manchester/peaks/lake district. I'm thinking 2 days for me to get up there so leaving on Wednesday the 20th...

Me and Techno too.

Did you manage to see this weeks MCN and the write up on some guys that did it last year for a cancer charity? They did it over 3 days and didn't hit a motorway!

Any of you up for that or is time an issue??

Your thoughts please.

The guy who organised it has a website and A. We could log on and just nick his same route and change parts of it if we want or B. Get in touch with the guy and pick his brain?

Got an email from the guy who was in MCN last week! He say's he doesn't mind us using his routes, so there you go! We can adapt to suit.

Still looking at doing it over three days can you all let me know if you're up for this??? Please pm me and let me know please.

Then I think we ought to get our heads together and sort some camping/accomodation out and sponsorship forms etc.

Good luck! What do you do?

Thanks - I'm a biologist! :D

I'm mainly excited about the haggis and deep fried pizza!

I've visited Scotland a few times - near Glasgow and an island off the coast of Largs. I didn't understand a damn thing people were saying. :eek2:

• 2 weeks later...

Right I'm going to see if I can get something booked for the trip I was thinking the like of somewhere near Inverness for the first stop over on the way up. I've seen an advert in TWO mag that take group bookings, is everyone ok with that long leg on the first day?????

If anybody is coming up from further south than Leeds you're welcome to stop over the night here.