Exhaust fitting

AndrewJB

Guys,

Picked up a Scorpion exhaust 2nd hand for my ER6-N, apart from change the mirrors and remove the rear grab handles its stayed standard for 5 years, ive modified several cars but never a bike

Anyway i started stripping down the old exhaust last night and got it all off ok, Fitted the clamp that holds the new exhaust and then though right lets fit the little pit of new exhaust before i fit the can

The new bit of exhaust its very very very tight around the old downpipe, and the old downpipe has got like a seal around it and there's no way the new bit is going over it? anybody got any ideas?

Below is the picture you will see the new bit of pipe on the end of the old one

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj266/baz88icf/20120708_164153.jpg

Have I got this right, you are taking off the old end can in favour of a new one and the new one doesnt fit over the old downpipes?

If so then look at the can you bought, did it come originally with its own downpipes? As a lot do for that bike.

If forcing it on will badly bend the downpipe at the connecting parts then dont do it.

It looks suspiciously like you have the wrong end can for that bike! There are different year models and revisions were made all over the show with each version.

I modify exhausts and collectors mate. Can you get the sealing ring off the collector/linkpipe? Get an accurate measurement of the inside of the silencer inlet and outside of the linkpipe outlet. Then I can probably help? :mrgreen:

May be wrong but that fat ring you have on the new exhaust doesn't look standard to me, and it seems like if it wasn't there it would all fit correctly.

Is it possible it was fitted to a bike with a non standard downpipe before and modified to suit?

May be wrong but that fat ring you have on the new exhaust doesn't look standard to me, and it seems like if it wasn't there it would all fit correctly.

Is it possible it was fitted to a bike with a non standard downpipe before and modified to suit?

That's what I reckon by looking at the pics. Looks like you need to get rid of that make shift seal.