long boots vs short boots?

So looking to get some proper boots, ones that caught my eye in the shop were These booties because they could possibly pass as casual.

I wanted to ask:

1) What is the forums opinion on the brand Richa?

2) Should i even consider short boots? Should i just get some proper calf high ones instead? What are the benefits/drawbacks?

answers on a postcard, many thanks!

p.s: If Richa is not a very well supported brand, can someone point me in the direction of something similar that is? Thanks!

Not sure i'd want a short boot (or glove) just in case the trouser or jacket rides up.

Have you thought of getting some more boot style footwear such as these Once you un tuck your jeans they'd look just like normal boots/shoes.

Richa look good, but no experience of them. I'm considering a couple of their gloves at the moment so would be interested in opinions too.

They look pretty good....and the 2 reviews are very positive..... 8-)

I've got Sidi Black Rain Evo's which work pretty well......but are a nightmare for walking around in for any length of time.......but are good boots anyway..... :)

Not sure i'd want a short boot (or glove) just in case the trouser or jacket rides up.

Have you thought of getting some more boot style footwear such as these Once you un tuck your jeans they'd look just like normal boots/shoes.

Richa look good, but no experience of them. I'm considering a couple of their gloves at the moment so would be interested in opinions too.

thanks for the input. Yes i have considered something like that, however im quite picky about how stuff looks and havnt found a long boot that i like the look of...yet. Those ones looks quite piratey/feminine to me and dont appeal.

I havnt been looking particularly hard but i will start soon as ill be starting a new job and therefore commuting in traffic every day rather than taking leisure rides out.

maybe i'll rephrase my question:

Are there any brands that i should stay away from?

for instance i read some reviews on frank thomas leathers and it was pretty unanimous that they were shocking!

I get what you mean on those (the ones i really like are the Ariat Carbine but they arent sold in the UK), i more thought if your trousers finish below the buckle no one will know.

I've heard that Oxford BoneDry stuff really isn't so probably best to avoid, shame as their luggage is great.

Being comfortable when you get there isn't the point with dedicated bike boots. They are for weather and accident protection. I prefer a good quality leather commando style boot. Protection and you can walk in them when you get there. I wouldn't wear a short boot on a bike. You need ankle protection. 8-)

I like long boots as I put my feet down sometimes behind bar and without the shin protection would just hit bar which hurts

but i think having a bit more shin protection is better than none cus that would hurt hitting pure bone if hitting anything metal

I think longer boots better, (dress to come off) there is a lot of metal things near shins bike wise and if things go wrong and you come off good chance of damage. Speaking from experience I did come off once, I had long boots on and still got bad scrape and bruise to shin if I had have had short boots on maybe a broken leg.

Referring to one of your original questions, I have used Richa textiles and have Richa leathers (separates) and the quality has been fine.

Obviously these aren't boots ( :lol: ) so can't comment on those, but Richa is a pretty well-known brand and IME good quality.

The only Richa clothing I've got are a pair of winter/thermal gloves, as to their waterproofness can't comment as I tend not to ride in winter!

I have these boots for summer/dry riding Probiker because they are comfortable but definitely not waterproof, so will only use them when I'm certain it's not going to rain.

The boots I usually use if the weather might suggest rain are Daytonas, they are 100% waterproof and just as important really comfortable to walk in.

ETA the Daytonas are long boots so give far more protection. If I had to choose a pair for all-round use I'd go for the Daytonas, despite the increased cost.

The only Richa clothing I've got are a pair of winter/thermal gloves, as to their waterproofness can't comment as I tend not to ride in winter!

I have these boots for summer/dry riding Probiker because they are comfortable but definitely not waterproof, so will only use them when I'm certain it's not going to rain.

The boots I usually use if the weather might suggest rain are Daytonas, they are 100% waterproof and just as important really comfortable to walk in.

ETA the Daytonas are long boots so give far more protection. If I had to choose a pair for all-round use I'd go for the Daytonas, despite the increased cost.

thank you, Ill look at some daytonas soon. Thanks for the info on Richa too.

Referring to one of your original questions, I have used Richa textiles and have Richa leathers (separates) and the quality has been fine.

Obviously these aren't boots ( :lol: ) so can't comment on those, but Richa is a pretty well-known brand and IME good quality.

Thanks a lot, This is good to hear. I feel there are so many companies/maufacturers out there these days its so hard to know who's good and who isnt - second opinion is always welcome!

Ive put a 1.50 bid on some alpinestars boots on ebay as i dont mind paying that much for them even if they arent that great, but im still looking around better quality/ "that perfect boot"