I love my impact driver

pointblank0

I serviced my bike today, expecting no problems as usual. Whilst trying to sort out my front brake squeel, I came across my well and truely seized pad pin cover. Just the small slot head screw bit that keeps the crap off the pin bolt.

Anyway, it wouldn't budge and I ground off loads of metal from the slot trying to get it out! Drilled it through and started to insert the easy out bits, snapped one off flush!!!! Tried to drill round it and snapped off two HSS drill bits level with the bloody thing!

Running out of ideas, I went through my garage drawers and unsheaved my manual impact driver that I have never used, but have had for ages. Well, what can I say....THESE THINGS ARE ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!!! EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE ONE!.

Screw came out with second whack of hammer on the driver. I don't know why I have never used it before, but I will be using it for all sorts of hard to remove bits from now on.

I really recommend one of these to anyone. Mine cost me about £5, a few years ago new.

they are worth their gold arent they :)

I also have a 12v electric impact driver with a half inch drive and a set of sockets to go with it that has been used loads of times they are great little things

just be wary, they are marvellous tools, but i had probs with a caliper cover, tho mine was allen head, so you'ld think it easier to move with an impact, i ended up with a rounded out allen head!, too much power, with soft metal!