Fazer FZS600 tyres

mattycoops43

Hi peeps

Well, Kewsick and back has truly finished off my rear tyre, and I don't know what to put on. A friend who has ridden for years and years is telling me to go for BT023's, he says now Rossi is riding on bridgestones, they have massively improved their carcasses and they are the best at the moment. I know lots on here like Michelins, and I really like the Pilot Road that is on it now. I currently have a maxxis on the front (which came with the bike), and to be honest am not that bothered about having a matched pair as it has never caused me any grief. But, when the front needs replacing, I will be putting on whatever is on the front.

I ride quite hard, but commute 25 miles a day, so don't want a sporty tyre that will flat off quickly, tbh, the pilot road has always felt brilliant, and still does even though the centre is bald! My local bike shop said the pilot roads were well out of date and I needed PR3's, but I am not convinced.

Currently thinking either BT023's or Pilot 2's?????

Also-the fazer runs a 110 on the front, and quite a few tyres are only available in a 120. Can I put a 120 on instead? Will it fit? I have been told by a couple of people it would probably be fine as almost all 600's are running a 120 on front now. Might make tyre choice/availability easier!

Thanks

Im running bt023's and they are stunning tbh and its got nothing to do with rossi using them lol some people anyway pilot roads were also fine but nit as good in the dry and if you want to save some money and your ok with then why not but if not bt023 or pilot road 2's not much in it and cheaper than pr3's i would say. Oh and ride pretty spirited too ;)

YOU? Spirited riding? Shurely Shome Mishtake? :mrgreen:

I read your review of the 023's and they do sound good, I think I might give them a try! I have never noticed a prob with the maxxis on the front, although I know it's a bit of a budget tyre, but do you think I will have problems with an 023 on the back? It just seems a shame as the maxxis has loads of life left. (basically, previous owner changed the front for a budget, and the rear had a bit of life left, so the front has a few thousand left in it).

Ta

matt

Well, I suppose the point is that I have had no probs so far, the front felt as good as the back (although the front doesn't seem to touch the ground much if I am honest).

But if the 023 is a better tyre, it might show up the front as being not so good. But I suppose if that happens I just stick a 023 on the front anyway!

hardy har har.

I had a confidence boost today, went for my first ride with a long time biker friend who is also a neighbour, he rides like a loon frankly, and today we couldn't keep up with him with my fazer, a black bird and a monster 900. He was on..................

A CB500 with bald tyres!

Total loonatic, but I was by far closest to him! We did a U turn on the big roundabout at monmouth, and he was behind, I asked him when we stopped if I had a lot of lean left, expecting him to say, 'you big wuss, get it leant over!' and he actually said, 'Bloody hell, I wouldn't have leant it over that far on those tyres!' Although I suppose it was getting a bit wooly feeling I didn't feel too uncomfortable. So I am definitely using the tyres! Actually got rid of the michelin mans and the direction arrows by the time I got back home!

Went to the local shop, went in and in my head was 'must buy bt023's, must buy bt023's, must buy bt023's'. Went to the counter and said 'can I have some br... Pilot3s please!'

I believe you they are good, but I have so much confidence in the michelins on there, I would be gutted it I put on a different make and lost that feeling. Totally psychological I know, but there you go!

Anyway, thanks for the advice, tyres coming on tuesday, and fitting next weekend. (cos the fazer is a 110 on front and no one carries them in stock)

Matt

You made the right choice :cheers:

I would have got pilot 3 on my Fazer had the pilot 2 not been a lot cheaper !

Pilot 2 are still great though and My bike is way more stable since I changed the bridgestones for Michelin :love:

Just for information, there is no point going for pilot 2s over pilot 3s, as there is only about £20 a pair difference, and pilot 3s are meant to do an easy 1000miles more. Plus meant to be better in the wet.

Also, 120's are a no go. I asked this, they have fitted them to a few fazers, and had issues when the tyre gets hot, there is not enough clearance in the mudguard, despite it looking fine when tyre is cold. I could have had a set today with 120's, but decided to wait and get the 110 ordered in.

I've used Bridgestones on my bikes for years now but really didn't like the 021s.Rode a Fazer 600 with those fitted and the front was really noisy,actually sounded like the wheel bearings were shot. While I was checking that out I found a few others on the foc u site who had had the same problem,never liked them as much as the 020s anyway.

My Hornet 900 was fitted with them when I bought it and again when the front wore down it got very noisy,like a deep rumbling noise all the time.

Currently got an 023 on the front and a Pirelli Diablo on the back,had a puncture and using my bike every day it was the Pirelli that was in stock or wait for a matching Bridgestone on order.Combination works very well but I'll go for a set of Diablos next time round,Bridgestone front is wearing quicker than the Pirelli rear and dosn't do anything better.