Ground anchor advice?

Any recommendations on ground anchors?

Should be getting my bike next month but want to install a ground anchor first but there are so many to choose from.

Personally I think they are largely unnecessary both in terms of expense and hassle, given that I have adequate insurance to cover theft.

Personally I think they are largely unnecessary both in terms of expense and hassle, given that I have adequate insurance to cover theft.

Yeh because we would all rather have our bikes nicked and an insurance claim than fitting a ground anchor that has to be one of the most ridiculous things ive read on here, do you use any security at all or are your bikes that shit you dont care about them? :roll:

I actually did mine on the cheap i have bolted a 1/2"thick piece of angle iron to my garage floor and run the chain through a hole in it, you would need to drill or grind it to get it up.

Good idea techno.

Even though my bike will be cheap the sentimental value wont be. Plus the grief of the insurance claim.

So it doesn't really matter what you go for along as it can't really be removed?

I just bought the Abus wba100 ground anchor. It get's great write up's.

It is normally around £90...But at the moment Amazon are doing them for £43.98 with free p&p. Saving you a whopping 51%...!!!

At that price it's a no brainer... :D Be quick as I suspect they will sell out fast at that price.

Link Below

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Abus-ABUWBA100C-WBA-100-Black/dp/B000OYHNZW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1346917254&sr=8-1

Why bother wearing a helmet - after all, you've paid national insurance and have access to the NHS.

Actually we can with permission (other riders have done it to) as there is sections for bikes.

I was thinking along the lines of something like http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcy ... prod/74307

i got the same ground anchor and its great also an alarmed disc lock if you got both of those and i personally put a cover over my bike no one will bother messing round with it.