Barkbusters S1 hand guards

dimmers

Right, i don't normally post really long reviews with lots of pics, but i really think this is worth it. These hand guards are brilliant, and i really wish i'd bought them a couple of years ago!

First off, let me say that Chainspeed (the company i bought these from) are brilliant. They packaged the hand guards really well, delivery was next day, and they also

threw in a few ear plugs for free, and a 3 pack of Oxford neck tubes, nice one Chainspeed!!! I will be using those guys again for sure.

Anyway, these hand guards are supposed to fit most naked bikes, but i'd always check with the company first before buying. However, they fit my 2010 Hornet perfectly.

Went out for a ride this afternoon (it was around 6 degrees) and wore my leather summer gloves on purpose, and managed the whole ride without frost bite on my hands... they are going to save my hands this winter, no more putting my hands on the engine for warmth at traffic lights again! (i hope :)

I'll let the pics speak for themselves...

(one final thing, the instructions are first class as well, not that you really need them because they're so easy to assemble and fit, but it's nice to see some decent instructions for a change).

instructions+1.jpg

instructions+2.jpg

left+close+up.jpg

left+bar.jpg

right+bar.jpg

side+bar.jpg

front.jpg

Wow they look like they could work really with the dreaded wind chill.

Just checked their 'what fits my bike' page and they don't have any for my bike.

Yep, they worked well on my commute in to work this morning, i could still feel my fingers by the time i parked up.

Right, i don't normally post really long reviews with lots of pics, but i really think this is worth it. These hand guards are brilliant, and i really wish i'd bought them a couple of years ago!

First off, let me say that Chainspeed (the company i bought these from) are brilliant. They packaged the hand guards really well, delivery was next day, and they also

threw in a few ear plugs for free, and a 3 pack of Oxford neck tubes, nice one Chainspeed!!! I will be using those guys again for sure.

Anyway, these hand guards are supposed to fit most naked bikes, but i'd always check with the company first before buying. However, they fit my 2010 Hornet perfectly.

Went out for a ride this afternoon (it was around 6 degrees) and wore my leather summer gloves on purpose, and managed the whole ride without frost bite on my hands... they are going to save my hands this winter, no more putting my hands on the engine for warmth at traffic

peimar led lights again! (i hope :)

(one final thing, the instructions are first class as well, not that you really need them because they're so easy to assemble and fit, but it's nice to see some decent instructions for a change).

instructions+1.jpg

instructions+2.jpg

left+close+up.jpg

left+bar.jpg

right+bar.jpg

side+bar.jpg

front.jpg

What was the incident of putting your hands on engine when traffic lights were on?

Edited by Anonymous

Went out for a ride this afternoon (it was around 6 degrees) and wore my leather summer gloves on purpose, and managed the whole ride without frost bite on my hands... they are going to save my hands this winter, no more putting my hands on the engine for warmth at traffic lights again! (i hope :)

instructions+1.jpg

instructions+2.jpg

left+close+up.jpg

left+bar.jpg

right+bar.jpg

side+bar.jpg

front.jpg

What was the incident of putting your hands on engine when traffic lights were on?

i meant that when stationary at a red light, i'd sometimes warm my hands up by placing them on the bikes engine casing (obviously i had gloves on at the time :mrgreen: