mapping

fatboyzmc

hi ,i am looking to tune/remap my gsxr1000k3 its got a full yoshi pipe,i am in the durham area does anyone know were i can get this done and how much more power would :cheers: it produce,has anyone had this done and what was the outcome? cheers

I'm guessing you have a power commander fitted to your bike already? if not get saving for one as your going to need it

not sure who can do it in your area but dyno bike in malton are good

as for what power to expect its anyones guess as each bike is different and each dyno is different you will probablu gain about 5 horses if your lucky but the main difference will be how much smoother the power is delivered which is the main thing :)

Unless the manufacturer of the exhaust states that no re-mapping is required you could end up with all sorts of stuff going on.....flat spots, cr*p fuel consumption, reduction in power, etc.... :wink:

I'd be inclined to check on a Gixxer forum and see if anyone has the same can and if they got the bike re-mapped...... 8-)

If its a full system you will need it mapping

Worse case you could run lean which means it will run hot and you could put a hole in a piston!

Don't take chances find out for sure if it needs mapping

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I've seen the guide and a few Youtube vids.....but I wondered if I took it to someone who really knew what they were about with suspension it could save some of the experimentation..... 8-)

Yeah, I've seen the guide and a few Youtube vids.....but I wondered if I took it to someone who really knew what they were about with suspension it could save some of the experimentation..... 8-)

ride, feel, adjust, ride again.

if it's doing something you don't like then work out what it is and adjust from there.

• 2 weeks later...