Suzuki GSX 750 ES Problem

mightysaints

HI

1st post for me. I have resurrected an old GSX 750 ES. Took her out for its 1st run after being off the road for 5 years. The problem I have is the top end, gets up to a ton and no more. Carbs are fine, new plugs leads etc but I found out that it was an import possibly from Denmark via japanese JDM. There is red light on the clocks that would normally would be the side stand light but this bike has japanese symbols writing above the light and it comes on once you get near a ton. When it lights up it starts to run rough like its being restricted and then cuts out completely and won't restart for about 10 mins. Can anyone offer help on this as its a nice bike but this is a real pain

my guess is that if its a japanese import (private or grey import) then chaces are it is restircted as a lot of them are only way round it is change wiring loom and cdi unit and possibly the pick up sensors on the crank or just live with it seeing how the legal speed limit on our roads is 70mph then its more than capable

Being doing some research on this, it appears that there is a plate or contact behind the speedo that can be de activated by bending it back so that it can't make contact when hitting restrictor speed. Going to have to open up the clocks and have a look inside or see if Suzuki UK can give me some more info

Because I don't need big brother restriction. Been riding for 30 years. If your worried about bikes doing over a ton then we just all as well go and get pushbikes

Totally agree mate. Motorways regularly flow at 100mph so not being able to keep up with traffic is dangerous.

My bet would be that the restrictor is in the speedo as its the only part of the bike that knows what speed it's doing.

Might just be a case of finding the correct wire cutting it!

Because I don't need big brother restriction. Been riding for 30 years. If your worried about bikes doing over a ton then we just all as well go and get pushbikes

Rather a ridiculous comment as a reply....you can do whatever speed you like....I've lost friends etc to speed....I've even had some nasty moments myself at speed.....now I've grown up.... :booty:

And if you want to do over the ton then do it where the big boys do, on the circuit....

Rather a ridiculous comment as a reply....you can do whatever speed you like....I've lost friends etc to speed....I've even had some nasty moments myself at speed.....now I've grown up.... :booty:

And if you want to do over the ton then do it where the big boys do, on the circuit....

I would estimate that at least 90% of 600cc+ bikers have taken their machines over 100mph on public roads, sometimes without even noticing.. would make an interesting poll...