Battery issue...

dfrbrowne

Before I bought my bike at easter it had spent a year in its previous owners garage, it was actually on charge when I went to see it.

He got it Mot'd for me and the proof on the MOTs was that it had only done 100 miles in the last year.

Had no problems for awhile and then just before the bank holiday weekend when I had not used it for a week the battery was flat, I jump started it and then had no problems over a 650 mile weekend away.

Again today I had to jump start it after not riding for a week and then after a half hour journey on the motorway to a friends had to jump start it again to get it home.

Now thinking, do I get a new battery or invest in a charger?

The Bike is a 2007 Bandit 650 and is in absolute mint condition and when purchase had only 2000 miles on the clock for a 6 year old bike!

go for both

the battery is not holding a charge so needs to be replaced I recommend a motobatt they are really good batteries and have 4 terminals if you ever need to add accessories

Get a decent smart charger too to keep the battery in tip top condition

keep the battery plugged in when the bike is not in use most chargers come with permanent leads so its very easy to connect up :)