Is this a problem

mat087

I have just looked at this on my bike at the bottom of the engine, is this a big problem or possible lubricant used by a garage, i only noticed it as i have a new exhaust coming as the old one is no good so was looking around

If it does is this a major problem as its due its first mot soon? Oil level hasnt been dropping as i always check it, will try that though

Cleared it off early and startes the bike, left it running for a while then reved a bit, no change but not been out on it today, when clearing it off with engine cleaner there was rainbow patches on the floor as it was raining when i did it, with regards to the black cable it appears to go straight into the dash but not properly looked yet

that is the rev counter and the stain will be a slight misting of oil nothing to worry about as the oil gets splashed around the drive inside the casing and up into the bottom of the cable slightly there will be an o ring on the cable where it fits into the casing as well it is literally just a push fit in with that cross head screw retaining it