HELP HELP HELP!!!!! Reiju problemo

Guest teckton

Welcome to TMBF mate......head over to the Newbies section and introduce yourself to the nice people on here....... 8-)

People are more likely to be inclined to help you if you slot the occasional please and thank you into your question..... :wink:

Anyhoo......I would think that the bike has a battery......most vehicles have to have a battery to power the parking lights at the very minimum.....but without the workshop manual or a wiring diagram I can't be absolutely certain..... :)

Why don't you try the manual.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CC8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.riejumoto.co.uk%2Fdocuments%2Fmanuals%2FMRT%252050%2520(ENGLISH)%2520workshop%2520manual.pdf&ei=lPMtUqm6BsqAhAeE9oGAAw&usg=AFQjCNHsXAEE-Ml-5vmx5WydlCF3ghL7fg&bvm=bv.51773540,d.ZG4

25 seconds that took me to find that and 13 seconds of that was me sighing.

From a quick glance I don't think it needs a battery.

OK.....I've just had a look at a wiring diagram and it seems that this bike runs off a Magneto......and does not have a battery. As for fitting a battery to it.....I wouldn't have thought so as the electrical circuit is not designed for charging a battery.... :wink:

hi mate i know my stuff and it does not have a battery, the power is received as the bike is revved up

The manufacturer knows their stuff too, and they think it has a battery... looky here...

clicky clicky

mod edit link edited as it was going off the page

thank you i found the manual and had a gander but could not find anything, it would be nice to fit a battery but i geuss not thank you

You're welcome mate..... :cheers:

Funny thing is that the electrical precautions bit in the manual bangs on about battery polarity, and charging off the bike, etc.......but the wiring shows no battery......and refers to the Magneto...... :roll: Bless 'em...... :wink: :lol: :lol:

theres no relation between having a magneto and not having a battery.

i am surprised that any road vehicle has no battery. surely even from a safety point, having lights and indicators is nice feature when the bike isnt running.

my 1981 zr50 had a magneto but even that had a battery. WTF is this reiju thing? some sort of pit bike lol.

You could potentially wire up a 12v battery to the yellow wire on the diagram coming out of the regulator if there's room for one to be fitted safely and securely.

However, what i'm not sure about is the headlight switching. Does the headlight go out immeadiately you switch off the ignition while the engine is running and continues to spin for a half a second or does the headlight only go out when the engine stops spinning ? The reason i ask is if you were to fit a battery and it's the latter of those two options, you might find there isn't actually a way to turn the lights off if a battery were to be fitted if the ignition switch doesn't do the job.

Does seem a bit strange though to have indicators and an electronic instrument panel but no battery but then batteryless 2 strokes on 50cc moped used to be the norm many years ago.

• 1 month later...
a little off topic, but doesn't the bike need a battery to start? Even if kick started, it still needs a spark right?

Nope, the kick start spins the stator which generates electricity for the cdi which creates the spark and once it's fired up the electric generated powers the lights and all the other electric stuff:)

I think that's how it works, don't shout at me people of TMBF, I'm only a teenager who chats shit :lol: