Blue dot brake rebuild

mattycoops43

Hi there

has anyone rebuilt blue dot calipers properly?

They work fine, but having recently completely stripped the Nissin's on the firestorm, I want to do the fazer brakes before they do seize up with being used everyday through the winter. I have never done them.

I can get the tool on ebay for a tenner to screw the blue bit in, but info is surprisingly sparse about actually what you need to do. I have found a couple of random forum posts saying the dot screws into the caliper, not out, but no info in manual it just says to pop them out by pumping, but I want to do a complete strip down.

Just wondered if anyone had actually done it?

Nothing anywhere on youtube that I can find which is unusual and shows how few people strip these down.

Never touched a set of these before....never had a yam :lol:

I have always known them as blue spot calipers try searching for that? never heard them called blue dot :? you may have more success with spot rather then dot?

I do know you can pop the pistons out on one side at a time and clean them up that way and re seal them

doing it like that thought you ideally need an air compressor to pop the pistons out

Thanks Stu. I have searched for both, there's millions for sale but no info on stripping. I have done caliprs like that before, popping them out, and I have cleaned these by pumping out a bit then cleaning but not removing, but I just fancy giving them a proper job! It IS possible, just want to know if there's any problems. I have seen rebuild kits for sale with all the seals.