not sure which test to go for

Guest Poomah

Hi guys

Ive decide after to many years of dreaming about it to go for my bike licence.

Ive had a car licence for around 10 years so i have knowledge of the road but almost no experience of bikes.

my real aim is go go exploring around the UK and North West Europe with the wife so i was looking at a bigger cc bike really, being 29 i can go for the DAS but my main worry there is that im taking on to much to fast and that ill either not pass or spend a small fortune trying to learn to ride, but at the same time i dont really want to pass the A2 or similar, buy a smaller bike that dosnt really do what i need and have to upgrade a months down the line as its alot of cash

Any help or thoughts on this would really be appreciated

Thanks very much

Welcome to TMBF mate....pop over to the Newbies section and introduce yourself to the guys when you can...... 8-)

Definitely go for the DAS mate......no point in messing about.....especially as you have plans like those..... :wink: A bike will only go as fast as you let it.....so a bigger bike will only take off if you give it a big handfull of throttle.....and the bigger bikes generally have more torque....so you can potter about at lower revs with a pillion on the back without the bike bogging down, which is what a smaller capacity machine would tend to do..... :wink:

Obviously just MHO.......your choice ultimately..... 8-)

Yeah, I'd second that.

A lot of people find bigger bikes easier to ride than 125s. Also there's not a big difference between a 125 and 600 cost-wise, both for a bike and insurance. Petrol consumption not as good though but that's about it.

my real aim is go go exploring around the UK and North West Europe with the wife so i was looking at a bigger cc bike really, being 29 i can go for the DAS but my main worry there is that im taking on to much to fast

DAS without a doubt, as it opens up more possibilities.

Good luck with it, whatever you choose to do