Monday blues dumb question....

anzac74

Hi @ll,

Apologies in advance for the REALLY dumb question but everytime I try to inflate the rear tyre on a Transalp 650 on any petrol station, I really struggle to fit the inflator in the valve... all stations seem to use the same model and also the same cr@p reading meter I must say.

Is any other Transalp rider having the same problem?

Thanks for any help... sorry for the mega stupid question, really...

Hi @ll,

Apologies in advance for the REALLY dumb question but everytime I try to inflate the rear tyre on a Transalp 650 on any petrol station, I really struggle to fit the inflator in the valve... all stations seem to use the same model and also the same cr@p reading meter I must say.

Is any other Transalp rider having the same problem?

Thanks for any help... sorry for the mega stupid question, really...

think you need one of these Mate.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/22129203 ... =95&ff19=0

Use it as part of your tool kit, l would not recommend leaving it on. As for pressures look up both metric and psi pressures for you bike and make a note

TBH I use a foot pump for mine and a decent tyre pressure gauge - I check my pressures frequently and top-up on the drive if necessary. Don't rely on the gauges on the foot pumps though, they are rubbish

What they all said and another thing Anzac, NO QUESTIONS ARE STUPID ! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

At some point on this planet we were all stupid, then someone learnt something and passed it on :idea: :idea: :3some: :3some: :cheers:

What they all said and another thing Anzac, NO QUESTIONS ARE STUPID ! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Aaaawwww, I know, mate.... it was one of those days: "this is not happening, I taught my kids to rde bikes and now I just can't get this thing working!!"

Thanks all for the tips, bits above will be added to toolkint

Cheers

TBH I use a foot pump for mine and a decent tyre pressure gauge - I check my pressures frequently and top-up on the drive if necessary. Don't rely on the gauges on the foot pumps though, they are rubbish

me too, a few yrs ago i called at a local fuel station, thought the pressures was ok but thought had check cos we was going out for the day, any way put the pump on no reading so i released some air, the gauge went mental so i tried again, same again so i put the cap back on an set off to the next fuel station i never got there front end blow out, sensed something wasnt right so luckly was at a low speed an never came off, will never will use a pressure pump again.