Specific Bike Theory Practice (I need a book)

Guest mrk123

Well just gave the government another £31 for nothing.

Honestly some of them f**king questions, they are out to trick you! Serious!

I am fuming a bit now as all the way through I just kept feeling cheated and tricked on.

So look I need to get this theory stuff out of the way.. I was in WH Smiths and could not find any literature on specific bike theory.

So I wandered on the internet and it wasn't enough to get me the pass.

Can anyone suggest please??

Well annoyingly they don't even have the courtesy to print you the questions you failed on, so I am unsure exacrtly what they where (another way to scam money from you).

Seriously no idea what the questions were now.

I know now that I need an official copy of the DVLA BIKE THEORY.

I did figure that I would be OK doing all the questions online.

But there wasn't one in WH SMITHS.

Can anyone please advise?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Official-DSA- ... 5661b7da72

This is what I used. The questions aren't out to trick you mate, just to make sure that you are safe. make sure that you understand the contents here and you'll be ok.

You can also get yourself a copy of the CD-ROM which will help you with the question in 'mock' tests, including the hazard perception part.

I am going to get the APP I think...

Would it need to be a specific 2014 one?

Not necessarily mate. 2013 is just as good. They do update from time to time though personally, and this is just my opinion, I wouldn't want to go more than a year or so back!

Here is a good start :D

I have done all them...

Only has 2 tests on there, it's not a proper study.

You pay enough on the test so why can't they just provide all the answers online as a pdf for free... (seriously they just want as much off you as possible)

I got a CD from company who is training me, has practice tests hazard perception and show me tell me for bikes pretty decent, google for something similar?

Hi mate what was CD called. Can you DVD rip it for me???

Or give me the name...

possibly check for a torrent if you're low on cash . I've done it twice and passed both times. hazard once. I knew exactly what questions I had got wrong because I was unsure of some. surely you got the same feeling? I got a question on trams but wasn't in the official theory book I had and it was up to date. I took my theory before I did my CBT thought all the questions were common sense ? Except stopping distances I just made a wild guess :P

Yeah I remember hitting a few 'unsure' questions, not like you can exactly write them down can you, its fort knox...

Also how safe do they want you to be if they don't let you know what you messed up on... Think about that one... Money grabbing bastar*s.

I am low on cash, running my own business I just don't have mummy and daddys money to buy me all the books.

I will check the torrents or buy the app for about £2...

there are plenty of online bike theory and hazard tests,thats all i used and everything was fine,try here www.2pass.co.uk

Not feeling that 2 PASS ONE... Just trying to sell you other peopels dvds etc..

I really don't want to have to stare at my phone for 8 hours, thats no way to study!

And there is nothing in WH Smiths..

Seriously how the hell you meant to study for this?

Anyone know any online study for motorbike theory?

... why can't they just provide all the answers online as a pdf for free...

What's the point in that? You will learn nothing ... only set answers to set questions.

Whats' the point in going to school? They may as well send you home the answers to the exams for you to learn.

the book I suggested practically does this ... you have to put some effort into learning though!

there are plenty of online bike theory and hazard tests,thats all i used and everything was fine,try here http://www.2pass.co.uk

Not feeling that 2 PASS ONE... Just trying to sell you other peopels dvds etc..

I really don't want to have to stare at my phone for 8 hours, thats no way to study!

And there is nothing in WH Smiths..

Seriously how the hell you meant to study for this?

Anyone know any online study for motorbike theory?

have you tried the 2 pass? i never brought anything from them

or try www.geton.co.uk,you have to use as many as possible as different sites will throw up different questions

as for the theory test itself it is pretty basic stuff,i actually thought some of the questions where a joke

use as many sites as possible and study study study

get the highway code book it's is all you really need. read cover to cover. is ,£1.99 in WH SMITH.

Can't remember my mum paying for the books when I was 17. I paid for two tests my mum one then my grand parents two. I-ve always been a theory man I struggle on practical tests :P

saying that I passed my practical motorbike with 2 minors. so have learnt something in the 12 years of driving a car.

What's the point in that? You will learn nothing ... only set answers to set questions.

I meant - what you end up buying in store, or online, should be a downloadable product for free...

Not just the 'answers'.

But the pack to safely see you not just pass your test but drive/ride on the road.

I bet you if this was a free product, people migh be inclined to actually have a peek at it, thus saving a lot more lives on the road..

How can they package up and sell safety??? Get me??

Dosnt it tell you what areas you failed on on your fail paper. Like 2 wrong on signs and 1 wrong on safety?

Theres free apps on apple and andr

It does yeah, but still massively unhelpful really... So cause you got one question wrong you have to go revise 300..

have you tried the 2 pass? i never brought anything from them

Looks like they only do for PC...

I am just going to buy the DSA cd pack....

Just in the middle of breaking down a business right now, so money is a little tight.

Thanks for help though..

Appreciated..

• 2 weeks later...

If you've got an iPhone or possibly android try the app, it's only a couple of quid and is really good. I passed my theory last Thursday using just this app for practice... A good 80% of the questions in the test I had already seen on the app and the rest were just more or less common sense... Link to the app I used below

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/motorcy ... 86112?mt=8

Good luck next time mate

Well annoyingly they don't even have the courtesy to print you the questions you failed on, so I am unsure exacrtly what they where (another way to scam money from you).

Can anyone please advise?

Here's another way they have to scam you.... oh wait, it's FREE

https://www.gov.uk/practise-your-driving-theory-test

Can't really get any better than using the DSA website itself, and all at no charge :wink: