Judder when wet

devilchef

Hi all Bikers,

I noticed the other day when I was in the middle of a downpour the bike really started to judder, not sure if water got somewhere but probably. I would like to try and find out where the water has got in and what to do about it, would anyone have any good suggestions? I should say that i am not very technically minded when it comes to bike so nothing too technical please...i know how to start it and thats about it lol.

The bike has also has the same problem after all that rain we had....it was covered outside (don't have a garage) but when it had cleared up a bit, i took it out and the juddering was there for a while.

Cheers all for your expertise.

1994 Suzuki GSXF 600.

:stupid:

Or the wet causing one of the HT leads to track down to ground a bit......have a spray round the coils and HT leads with a little bit of WD40...... :wink:

Now on a car that wouldnt be a problem but on a bike, i am useless, i haven't taken the fairing off too see though, does my bike have a carb? could that be a possibility as well?

:)

I'm pretty sure that your bike is carbed......but my money would be on problems with damp in the HT leads or coils..... :wink: I had a Yamaha XS1100 years ago that was a right pain after it had been washed.....would only run on 2 cylinders until the engine got hot enough to clear the water from all 4 HT leads/Plug caps.....then it would come back onto 4 cylinders....sometimes quite violently....as a mate's girlfriend found out once when she was riding pillion on my bike..... :wink:

yes your bike is carbed but I doubt that is the problem

it sounds electrical and when its damp its missfiring

the plug leads are right on top of the motor and go deep down in to the head you have rubber washers around the plug caps to keep water out

also some bikes have a weep hole on each port to allow water to drain out if yours has these make sure they are clear

WD40 is good to see if it is the problem but a bit of electrical grease in fact normal grease will be better around the caps

dont use vaseline as some contain petroleum which will eat away at the rubber eventually

yes your bike is carbed but I doubt that is the problem

it sounds electrical and when its damp its missfiring

the plug leads are right on top of the motor and go deep down in to the head you have rubber washers around the plug caps to keep water out

also some bikes have a weep hole on each port to allow water to drain out if yours has these make sure they are clear

WD40 is good to see if it is the problem but a bit of electrical grease in fact normal grease will be better around the caps

dont use vaseline as some contain petroleum which will eat away at the rubber eventually

It's not misfiring although i will still use a bit of wd40 in it's special places lol.