DAS booked for end of July! :) tips welcome!!

Just booked my course! So chuffed! Nerves settin in already! Be on the bike everyday tip then now I reckon! Wanna nail this so bad! Lovely bloke I spoke to at the centre. Lovely evening for a spin I reckon!

Getting on the bigger bike (XJ6N) was a great feeling for me (once I'd got used to stopping it without being all wobbly cause it was slightly taller) I loved the position and handling a lot more than the old GN125 I had on my CBT the day before.

Since you've already been riding a 125 around you'll already have a bit of a head start with slow control I think, but since you've got a while to wait, maybe you can take some mini cones or some other objects with you to a quiet car park or industrial place and practice the Mod 1 maneuvers like slalom, figure 8, u turn etc..

Enjoy the training days, how many did you book? (I did the full 6 day course which involved cbt and 3 days training). If possible it's good if you can get a while on the actual Mod 1 test area. The school I was with was allowed it on Wednesdays and one of my training days was a Wednesday which was good, so might be worth asking about that if you don't already know.

And hopefully they've booked your Mod 1 & 2 about a week apart? Last thing you want is to lose your Mod 2 fees if Mod 1 doesn't go quite right, which is what happened to a guy I was with for my 2nd Mod 1 attempt.

if you feel like you want to practice anything more, let them know so you can do it as much as you need. I was terrible for not doing that and wish I'd spoken up a little more at times so I felt more confident before moving on to other things hehe.

Enjoy Yourself! :mrgreen:

Hi Miss Bex, Thanks for the advice! much appreciated! doing 4 days. the guy even said he might try n fit my mod 2 in on same day because im travelling about 80m from my home to do it see. hopefully i can nail it! i'm annoyed ive had my bike almost a year but only really been riding it consistently since booking my training. will ride it everyday now. junctions and u turns need work and general confidence that will come with riding. did you pass it all first time? ive been looking at the xj6n!(for when i pass) looks like a nice first ride.hornet,gsr 600 and fazer look good too.(im a short arse see :D )Have you bought a bike yet then? i have a cbr 125 but wish i went for something a bit more upright now for learning.think he said i will be training on a bandit.

Thanks again Bex.

im travelling about 80m from my home to do it

80 miles? I'm assuming that's the closest test centre to your home? That's insane. Are you riding there or meeting the instructor/bike closer? 160 mile trip to take a test crikey.

did you pass it all first time?

Not at all hehe, Mod 1 I failed 3 times and passed on the 4th attempt :oops: Mod 2 I failed the 1st time and passed on the 2nd attempt :)

ive been looking at the xj6n!(for when i pass) looks like a nice first ride.hornet,gsr 600 and fazer look good too.(im a short arse see :D )Have you bought a bike yet then?

I really liked the XJ6 I used for training, it was lowered which meant I could flat foot one side and almost flat foot the other side. I found I needed to be really smooth in first gear with it compared to the 125 though otherwise it was jerky. I'm also a shortie at 5ft 2 hehe.

I'm saving up for a bike still, all the training and retests sapped all my money away pretty quickly. I only work part time so I don't have a great income and wouldn't be accepted for finance because of it. I'll have around £1000 saved next payday but still not much on offer that isn't quite old for that price.

I'm looking at ER6's, Hornets, XJ6's, Bandits (Although my friend has one so wanted something different 8-) hehe) and I do really like the the FZ6's too.

I've seen a green ER6F on ebay from a dealer thats just under £2k and comes with panniers and givi rack included, done around 29k miles. Wish I had the money already! lol I think the prices will start to fall a little when the summers over, but hopefully will have a bike before it is so I can enjoy the sun while it lasts.

My only worry is most likely any of those bikes will need lowering in some way for lil me so I just hope I'm able to reach the floor enough to ride it home safely. :|

I only passed just over 2 weeks ago but I feel like I haven't ridden for months!

80 miles? I'm assuming that's the closest test centre to your home? That's insane. Are you riding there or meeting the instructor/bike closer? 160 mile trip to take a test crikey.

hi, well its the closest centre that will take me on the week im off work. due to staff shortages its difficult for me to get time off see.

i think i will ride there, good practice. have to pay for hotel for four nights also :( (which is why im on my bike daily now! i just want to nail it all first time haha. (doubtful) but have to try n be positive. which is difficult when you are me :roll:

Postive Mental Attitude! as they say :wink:

I only passed just over 2 weeks ago but I feel like I haven't ridden for months!

hi, that must be torture!Welldone though! what a feeling! i bet you are dying to get back on two wheels in this weather! good luck with your search! will be so rewarding when you hand over that cash and ride away on your new bike though! good on you! bonus if its already lowered for you too! :wink: i think the FZ6's are low anyway arent they. cant wait to pass and start scouring the market!

Yeah it is torture! We've had some lovely days recently I always look out the window when I hear bikes coming along the road and smile thinking that will be me soon!

I've actually started looking into SV's as well. I never liked the older rounded ones but the - I think 2003 onwards - ones look nice, especially the full faired ones although they are more pricey. They seem to start around the £1500 mark for ones with high mileage or a bit of damage/Cat C repaired etc.. so I'm keeping my eye on them in case I spot a bargain. I may be able to get a little loan of my mother hehe. They are apparently very good for new riders, feel small and light as they are a twin and have a pretty low seat height too. Sounds just right for me.