Mod 1 tomorrow...... oh shi....

Got my mod 1 tomorrow, little too excited... got my training today, been trying to sleep for 6 hours no luck, so having to stay awake as my training is in 2hours, pretty worried now as i haven't slept, hope my training goes well, should i get a ton of caffeine or pro plus? not sure if it will give me a boost or what.

Had the same feeling on my YBR, the practice on the bigger bike makes it seems like a kids toy in comparison.

Did you book with DC motorcycles in the end?

Had the same feeling on my YBR, the practice on the bigger bike makes it seems like a kids toy in comparison.

Did you book with DC motorcycles in the end?

Indeed, had choppa, the ex copper, who did my cbt, he remembers me from last year on my cbt.... stalling and edging towards a roundabout, and also my epic uphill wheelie, he's happy with my skill now! :D

Are they still doing the mod 1 practice on the gravely car park near the stadium? If your doing ok on that, then you're going to be ok at the test center which I presume will be the one at Wakefield. The surface you will be on is mega grippy and you have more space to do just about everything.

Are you doing A or A2? I'm booked in to do my mod 1 for the second time so I can get my A license now. I was the first one there to do the A2 test and they only just managed to get the restrictor in on time for the ER-5. I'm on the Gladius next time.

A2 only 22, and only did cbt last year.

Yes they still do it at the football staduim.

Only problems i had was the pushing bike but it's on a slight dip between the bays, and i was exhausted. wakefield is where i am going, when is your mod 1? tommorow at 12:50?! if so you're with me! as that person is doing there full license!

They still have the old bird ER5, 5.3k miles 51 plate.......

Opted to use the ER5 over the GLAD, the ER5 has a drum break which i don't like, but it's harder to lock the rear wheel up! ;)

Good luck for tomorrow, I hope it all goes well for you and don't forget to let us know what happens. I can't wait till I get to that stage how many lessons have you had before getting to this point if you don't mind me asking ??

After recently passing my Mod1 and Mod2 I can advise to relax and concentrate on each manoeuvre rather than worrying what is happening next. Don't forget the shoulder checks before you do move off.

It will be over before you know it, just remain calm and smile! Good luck

Copy and pasted from mod 1 :)

Did 2 days in total, first day training, with no sleep whatsoever the night before, managed to tank through it and passed all the mock test's with ease.

Today, went to the test center got my mind focused on the slalom, which i did rather slow and tight but managed that and the fig 8.

Slow ride i did perfect at roughly 6kpm, the uturn did slow and steady and did fine, same with everything really, one minor was one shoulder check which i knew i did not do after i started the manever

So happy i did it with ease!

Thanks! :)

• 3 weeks later...